It's snowing good w/ heavy stuff to hit at midnight!

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Just looked at Hwy 22X south on the north side of the 520 and it's snowing good. Heavy snow is supposed to hit at midnight with winds to 80km and up to 40cm of snow in the southwest foothills. Hello Cataract Creek, think I'm gonna head out in the morning and hit some fluffy white snow before anyone tracks it up. Hopefully 20+ inches to be there in the AM.

Attachments

• 22-08_2.jpg
    22-08_2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 541

Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of heading out there in the morning. If anyone was out there today lets hear how the conditions are.
Thanks in advance.

Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can be the judge....look at April 29 in Elkford:beer::beer::beer:

It's only an hour to Cataract for me so after skipping out on work today I just might skip another and go see for myself tomorrow. Buy then I really have to get to work.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
It's only an hour to Cataract for me so after skipping out on work today I just might skip another and go see for myself tomorrow. Buy then I really have to get to work.

Do it Barton, it's awesome out there right now. Maybe hit calgarysledguy with a PM if you're going. He's thinking of going back Friday. Great guy to ride with as I will attest to from todays outing.

STRAYPUSSY

Reaction score
Ok I just drove from sicamous to edm last night and yes there was snow but not 40cm, hwys were slick but not crazy amounts of snow!
Rode sun,mon,tues and revy and sic sucked cuz it was so icy and no new snow!!

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
It's for real alright...but as stated above, it won't last long. A spring storm rolled through there Wednesday night and dropped 2-3 feet on the southern end of the trail system. It will melt fast with todays temps (especially the staging area and Etherington trails), and you should be forewarned that this area is closed to snowmobiles tomorrow May 1st. If you're going to go ride it, do it today cause tomorrow they start handing out big fines if you're caught in there.

Thanks for the great pictures Daryl. That was a fun day!

Top Bottom