It’s my yard, not a riding area!!!

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was so pissed off this morning when I looked outside this morning. Some idiot had used a hill in my yard as a jump, and drove over a bunch of small seedling trees in the process. They must have come around yesterday when no one was around. What’s wrong with people? Don’t they realize that a strangers yard isn’t a proper place to ride snowmobiles? With jackasses like this around its no wonder Sturgeon County has been implementing off road vehicle bans.:rant:

Last edited:

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
follow the tracks back to there place and dig a 40' trench in the front yard. those dirty rotters. thats exactly why sledders, atv'ers etc all get a bad name!

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that. I know when I was looking for my acreage I looked at one out by lily lake resort, it was down in the ravine. I decided against it because I new come winter time it would be a sledding highway

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rest of the quarter is a sledding highway for people going between Gibbons and St Albert, and that’s fine with me. I just wish all snowmobilers would have enough courtesy and common sense to stay away from houses. On a good note, I checked on my trees. None of them got snapped off, and appear to be OK.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i hate it when sledders come from blue jewl they use to cut through our neighbours empty lot and then drive on to our drive wwya and back down the snow so when my dad goes to plow its rock hard and impossible, realy ticked him off

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rest of the quarter is a sledding highway for people going between Gibbons and St Albert, and that’s fine with me. I just wish all snowmobilers would have enough courtesy and common sense to stay away from houses. On a good note, I checked on my trees. Non of them got snapped off, and appear to be OK.

Just a thought but now you have tracks and someone might think it is ok.. Maybe put something up to stop them from thinking this. :confused:

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a thought but now you have tracks and someone might think it is ok.. Maybe put something up to stop them from thinking this. :confused:

The hill is only about 70 feet of the house. I shouldn’t need signs. This may be an isolated incident. In the 4 years the house has been here this is the first problem I’ve had. Hopefully I won’t have this problem again.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
might have to put snow fence up might keep people away, thats all a guy needs after he gets off work is a bunch of noise sleds screamin around his place.... thinkin is okay to be jumpin it around his yard.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well you guys were right. It happened again. So of to Rona to pick up rebar posts, surveyor tape, and no trespassing signs. Now to see if these idiots can take a hint.:mad:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I was so pissed off this morning when I looked outside this morning. Some idiot had used a hill in my yard as a jump, and drove over a bunch of small seedling trees in the process. They must have come around yesterday when no one was around. What’s wrong with people? Don’t they realize that a strangers yard isn’t a proper place to ride snowmobiles? With jackasses like this around its no wonder Sturgeon County has been implementing off road vehicle bans.:rant:

LOOKING CLOSELY AT THE PICS, APPEARS TO BE 2 SLED TRACKS.... ONE WITH A DEEPER LUG AND WIDER SKIIS(MOUNTAIN SLED), OTHER PROLLY SHORT TRACK.... THAT IS UPSETTING.... NO RESPECT OF PRIVATE PROPERTY.... 70 FEET AWAY, FRIGGIN' IDIOTS!!!:nono:

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW that is brutal, i would think that people would have more respect than that, well i guess there are alot of A$$holes out there that have no respect and think that they can go and do whatever they want, a bunch of losers were running over new trees that were planted on the side of the road up here with sleds and now you aren't even suppose to start your sled on your property that is how bad it has gotten in fort mac, at least in my home town of redwater we could take the shortest route out of town with no issues. Hope your around if they come back.

Scuba

hopper146

Reaction score
I put up stakes so no one...including myself...ha...would run over my new trees....and then the deer wandered in and ate a few.....ah well.....was better than the ass who came into my yard lastyear and cut one down for an x-mas tree!..the good thing is...the dumbasses always tell a friend...who tells a friend....and i always find out,. paybacks gonna be a bitch...lol:nono:

crushd

Reaction score
Makes you wonder what farmers think when they see tracks through their fields. Does anyone ask permission before driving across fields. Maybe a farmer has a reason for not wanting people to ride on his property.

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i always wondered that myself. where i live even today i saw new fresh cuts through some farmers fields...be it just a field waiting for the spring thaw, but that property is still private land none the less.

i have a few farmers surrounding where i live, when we get more snow i fully intend to introduce myself to the land owners and get permission if theyl allow it. if not thats fine as well, il find other areas to ditch bang when the mood strikes.

my .02 i would think the very fact that someone has come to ask the farmer for permission he / she would probably grant it just knowing someone actualy gave a damn and was willing to ask first out of courtesy

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife saw a couple sleders by the house today. The loitered for a bit, and left without incident. If these were the guys then it looks like they finally figured it out.

Last year I saw some trucks out by the oil well on my quarter. I didn’t think much of it at the time. Figured it was someone from the oil company checking on the well. The next weekend I was heading home and there were 3 trucks loaded with quads and sleds ahead of me. They all turned into the well access road, so I followed to confront them. I calmly asked them what they were doing. The said they were unloading to ride on the river. I told them that I didn’t mind them riding on my property, but I didn’t want them parking their trucks there. I told them that they were on private property (as if they didn’t know), and that I didn’t want others to see them parked there and think it was to good place for a staging area. 20 Trucks parked on my property was the last thing I needed. They were pretty good about it and moved on, but one of the guys said something odd. He said that they respect land owners and try to keep a low profile. I asked him if he thought parking a convoy of trucks, on private property, without permission, was “keeping a low profile”. He didn’t have an answer for me.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife saw a couple sleders by the house today. The loitered for a bit, and left without incident. If these were the guys then it looks like they finally figured it out.

Last year I saw some trucks out by the oil well on my quarter. I didn’t think much of it at the time. Figured it was someone from the oil company checking on the well. The next weekend I was heading home and there were 3 trucks loaded with quads and sleds ahead of me. They all turned into the well access road, so I followed to confront them. I calmly asked them what they were doing. The said they were unloading to ride on the river. I told them that I didn’t mind them riding on my property, but I didn’t want them parking their trucks there. I told them that they were on private property (as if they didn’t know), and that I didn’t want others to see them parked there and think it was to good place for a staging area. 20 Trucks parked on my property was the last thing I needed. They were pretty good about it and moved on, but one of the guys said something odd. He said that they respect land owners and try to keep a low profile. I asked him if he thought parking a convoy of trucks, on private property, without permission, was “keeping a low profile”. He didn’t have an answer for me.

Alot of people think that ALL lease roads are fair game, probably doesn't even occur to them that it's just that... A small plot of land leased from someone...that owns the surrounding land. especially if there is alot of Crown land nearby.

polcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was talkin to one of my co workers today who also has a farm and asked him what he thought of sledders ridin on his land without permission? He said he really didn't mind it to much but does get annoyed when they get too close to the house .He says the majority of us he has no problem with and it's not very often anyone rides near the house.

Top Bottom