Is this a cruel April Fool's joke ?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I voted out the HST, and im not a senior. Reality was, we had gst and pst before, so not everything had both taxes. Then the BC guberment decided to blanket every last breathing thing (except food I believe) so everything was taxed. People didn't want it before, guberment didn't listen, just bullied the tax in, then the revolt started. Premier finally had to step down (among other things, drunk driving etc) and it was voted out. Any tax, is a government scam
yup, you're right. Roads, hospitals, sewer systems, safe water supplies are all created by the good fairy. Taxes are only collected to keep you from being able to buy the things that you want and so politicians can live high on the hog. :rolleyes:

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I voted out the HST, and im not a senior. Reality was, we had gst and pst before, so not everything had both taxes. Then the BC guberment decided to blanket every last breathing thing (except food I believe) so everything was taxed. People didn't want it before, guberment didn't listen, just bullied the tax in, then the revolt started. Premier finally had to step down (among other things, drunk driving etc) and it was voted out. Any tax, is a government scam

The HST was the smartest move around...it made the accounting end for businesses very simple. Now because of the old system coming back some taxes will go up. Hotel rooms will be taxes 13% total instead of 12% and my hours of doing book work will double as some taxes apply only to certain things. All low income people will lose in the end also as they got extra money due to the hst...they will only get gst which will be lower. Welcome to people that vote on stuff when they do not understand all the repercussions. End of my Rant. Hope with the election it gets brought back in.

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks for voting in a net tax increase... Not to mention the millions of dollars that will be spent privately and publicly on accountants doing extra paperwork. And it's a job killer, big business despises the GST/PST. I suppose you'll be voting in the NDP too... You're just awesome.

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HST was nothing more than a transfer of tax from business to middle income wage earners. It was touted as a revenue neutral tax, then when we voted to get rid of it they whined about having to make up the revenue shortfall somewhere else. Revenue neutral does not equal revenue shortfall. Friggin politicians! Now they've lied to us so many times we're gonna end up with a friggin NDP government ruining our province! :realmad:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fawk the NDP, just gonna support the pamphlet warrior welfare losers. If the same retards that voted the HST out vote those self righteous pricks in I'm going to look hard at a move to Alberta.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I voted to remove the HST. It was an effective way of telling the government at the time "No, assholes, you cannot lie to the people". Had it have been discussed when it began, I could have supported it. Telling the people that it was too sudden to announce before the election is horse shite. They knew, and tried to cram it through. It was good to see democracy in action.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can agree with your strategy as they were wrong with the way they brought it out............. even though the HST was the better way to go.

I voted to remove the HST. It was an effective way of telling the government at the time "No, assholes, you cannot lie to the people". Had it have been discussed when it began, I could have supported it. Telling the people that it was too sudden to announce before the election is horse shite. They knew, and tried to cram it through. It was good to see democracy in action.

sub zero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will agree with you that the way the government pushed the HST was a bad move and should have been out in the open during election time. However, IMO the HST was way better for many reasons.

better for bussiness owners. not for low income or fixed income ppl.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I hear you, they crammed it down our throats and I didn't agree with that. However, we shot ourselves in the foot to "teach them a lesson" which they clearly didn't grasp anyway ergo we lose twice.

better for bussiness owners. not for low income or fixed income ppl.

I see you believed everything VanderFraud had to say. It's better for business and therefore everyone employed by or owning a business. It also didn't cost the citizens any more money unless you live on doritos and McDonalds, which is recouped through the larger HST refunds.

sub zero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear you, they crammed it down our throats and I didn't agree with that. However, we shot ourselves in the foot to "teach them a lesson" which they clearly didn't grasp anyway ergo we lose twice.

I see you believed everything VanderFraud had to say. It's better for business and therefore everyone employed by or owning a business. It also didn't cost the citizens any more money unless you live on doritos and McDonalds, which is recouped through the larger HST refunds.

like fawk it didnt cost more. a used car went up 5% alone. sounds like you swallowed the campbell/ christy clark pill.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run down of the PST and what it applies to. For us Albertans going to sled in BC, fuel and restaurants will be cheaper (both are 5% instead of 12%). Hotel accommodations and alcohol will now be more expensive (Hotel is 5% GST and 8% PST, and alcohol is 5% GST and 10% PST).
http://www.pstinbc.ca/media/2013_GST_PST_List_WEB_Dec2012.pdf

Double sided sword, I have a long box on the 4X4 with plenty of room to pack Alberta stuff and save the taxes but doing so takes money out of the pockets of the people trying to make a living as well. Punish business owners for the government voted in place by the people of BC, ......how many gas cans do I have at home I wonder.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Double sided sword, I have a long box on the 4X4 with plenty of room to pack Alberta stuff and save the taxes but doing so takes money out of the pockets of the people trying to make a living as well. Punish business owners for the government voted in place by the people of BC, ......how many gas cans do I have at home I wonder.

Yet when somebody chides Alberta tourists, the response on here is "Without us, your town wouldn't ever survive".

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like fawk it didnt cost more. a used car went up 5% alone. sounds like you swallowed the campbell/ christy clark pill.

Yup....and now that we forced them to go back to PST they're raising the PST on the private sale of used vehicles from 7% to 12% just to stab us in the back one more time! I'll never register another sled in this province again, and they can kiss my azz for the tax! I can't wait to get rid of these fuggers! Trouble is we have no viable options in BC politics any more. The only option we have left is to vote out of revenge. What a sad state of affairs. :(

Top Bottom