Is there such thing as a reliable dealer?????

Cletus_T

Reaction score
Just this year I bought a 2010 Dragon (first mistake). Thought it was great until I took it to the mountians and started using it. 120 miles voltage regulator went. Took to dealer (Rainy Creek Powersports) no problems, polaris warrantied. Went back out and at 485 miles sled died in the mountains. Couldn't break 4000 RPM and sled would die. Couldn't tow out due to terrain. Cost 900 dallars to get out. Took sled back to same dealer and was told water in exhaust valves. Dealer tells me that the tow is my problem and if I had been on the trial my buddies could have gotten me out. Rainy Creek owner suggest that I should buy a mountian sled and stay on the trails. What a load of BS. Doug's attitude is that he made the sale and nothing else matters. Basically just notifying locals to be careful and wondering if there are any reliable dealers around this area that a guy can rely on.... Plus what machine should a guy try next...

PS SECOND MISTAKE DEALING WITH DOUG @ RAINYCREEK POWERSPORTS...

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just this year I bought a 2010 Dragon (first mistake). Thought it was great until I took it to the mountians and started using it. 120 miles voltage regulator went. Took to dealer (Rainy Creek Powersports) no problems, polaris warrantied. Went back out and at 485 miles sled died in the mountains. Couldn't break 4000 RPM and sled would die. Couldn't tow out due to terrain. Cost 900 dallars to get out. Took sled back to same dealer and was told water in exhaust valves. Dealer tells me that the tow is my problem and if I had been on the trial my buddies could have gotten me out. Rainy Creek owner suggest that I should buy a mountian sled and stay on the trails. What a load of BS. Doug's attitude is that he made the sale and nothing else matters. Basically just notifying locals to be careful and wondering if there are any reliable dealers around this area that a guy can rely on.... Plus what machine should a guy try next...

Damn! I was gonna go check quads and side by sides out here! im thinking twice now

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Am I reading this right, are you suggesting that Polaris or Rainy Creek should pay for the helo to get your sled out?

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They get my vote!!!

Mike got a killer trader on a slightly older cat with Terry(T&T) when he had a couple whoobley pops. Years after Mike's sled breaks down and Terry hooks him up with a New Cat Demo for Mountain Mania?

Like fawk me if that's not reliability.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Am I reading this right, are you suggesting that Polaris or Rainy Creek should pay for the helo to get your sled out?

I know a guy that had the dealer pay for the heli lift out when his sled blew up in the mountains.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
huh im from the area [ eckville ] and thats the first bad thing i have heard of for rainy creek..... also mabe cause po po 's just suck and can't keep them together that doug is more than fead up with pissed off people....

im sure that rainy or polaris for that matter wouldn't pay the heli ride.....

and working in the service buisness i tell ya that some people are hot headed and burn there briches for help....

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mountain toys polaris in cochrane is very good! greta people to deal with and good techs, that actually ride and know the problems!

Cletus_T

Reaction score

Not suggesting anything about the heli ride... Unfortuneatley thats the risk but don't beleive i need to be forking more money out to get it fixed.... Isn't that why a guy buys new,so he has warranty....

I never had a bad expereince either until something broke. If everything runs good you won't usually hear anything..

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not suggesting anything about the heli ride... Unfortuneatley thats the risk but don't beleive i need to be forking more money out to get it fixed.... Isn't that why a guy buys new,so he has warranty....

I never had a bad expereince either until something broke. If everything runs good you won't usually hear anything..

Just checking, I bought a Polaris Ranger last year and was warned by more than one person to stay away from there. Bought it from Red Deer, no complaints.

Cletus_T

Reaction score
I also bought a Ranger RZR in August. No problems either that's why I didn't pay a hole lot of attention about comments with the Dragon. As you might know, there are a lot of people that will bash a product just cause they don't run one. It's hard to get accurate feed back. You usually find things out after the fact. All in all the moneys not alot and I'll end up just paying and hopefully making a couple spring rides with no problems.... Its just the principle.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also bought a Ranger RZR in August. No problems either that's why I didn't pay a hole lot of attention about comments with the Dragon. As you might know, there are a lot of people that will bash a product just cause they don't run one. It's hard to get accurate feed back. You usually find things out after the fact. All in all the moneys not alot and I'll end up just paying and hopefully making a couple spring rides with no problems.... Its just the principle.

I own the Ranger and a Polaris Victory street bike and recommend both to anybody but I wouldn't touch a Dragon with Joey's money even though I think they are one of the nicest looking sleds to ever be built. I hope yours runs flawlessly from here on out, there are aftermarket fixes for most of the issues if it doesn't.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya well i have had many problems with parkland sled [ red deer so i would tell ya to stay far away from there ].....

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

When I was running polaris my 08 800 dragon was giving me grief and my dealer told me I jinxed it!!He was serious because I had said I was due to get a dud because my last couple of sleds were bulletproof!!He then offered to give me 6200 for it with a brand new 09 engine!!Used ones were still selling for 9500 and mine had 2 yrs warranty left!!!But it felt good pulling up to him on the trail with my new cat and letting him know the cat dealer gave me 7700 a year later when I traded it on a 1000 cat quad!!!Shop local my ass!!

sledwrek

Reaction score
mountain toys polaris in cochrane is very good! greta people to deal with and good techs, that actually ride and know the problems!

I 100% agree, I have bought 2 sleds through these guys and any problem I have had along the way they have taken care of immediately.

Top Bottom