Is the 800r Junk?

HPCrazy

Reaction score
Hate reading peoples life story so keep it short.

I ride/live in Revelstoke, my sled spends %90 of the day WOT. Gone through two cranks in two years.

I ride an 09xp 163. Last year I put a low mile trygstad engine in it sled performed amazing great product, but the lower rod bearing went this year. I was hoping my nightmare was over with this tuned engine, but I think that this year crank is just junk and can not handle extended WOT under max load. Crank was lightened balanced trued and welded.

HPCrazy

Reaction score
All crank builders say that 800r crank is their best seller they do lots of failures every day!

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to hold it to the bars all day long you might as well get a 4 banger. Oh yeah, those break too!

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to hold it to the bars all day long you might as well get a 4 banger. Oh yeah, those break too!

x2. All day long at WOT and any engine is gonna grenade after so long.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So many doo haters out there. My yamaha riding buddy keeps telling me the 800r is the worst ever. When I say no problems with mine he says , ya but you have the etec. Frickin idiot. Buy what you like and STFU already.
I was nervous towing his nytro when it broke. Was worried my rev would bend pulling something that heavy.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol

Towing old Howard I'd say

sent while I should be drinking tea's

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's there best seller because there is a billion of them out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -
Would be interested to see the failure rate on ski doo been watching and seems 1 in 10 for sale have new or rebuilt motor. Does not matter how many out there but not as many as you are saying and yes I perfer Ski Doo but will only buy there 4 stroke used or etec seems better.

HPCrazy

Reaction score
Rock on honda! I ride my 450 r to the bar all day, mostly out of control.
Some good feed back, I had a stock nytro, rode it Wot for 6000k not a hiccup.
I am thinking turbo m8 that way i can still ride hard and not be wot.

Top Bottom