Is it time to upgrade your beacon?

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife hid both my tracker 1 and her SOS beacon in our house.
She hid them about 7ft apart. One buried in the dogs toy box and the other under the bed in the cats house.

Using the Tracker 3 I was able to find both beacons in about 5mins
With the Tracker 3 I was able to locate both beacons without flipping the 1st one found into search mode.
I hope never to use it other then practicing.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the money I can't understand why anyone would even still piss around with the older 2 antenna transceivers?
the new 3 antenna models are so much simpler and faster to use! For the average user the mark functions are so much easier to use if presented with a multiple burial scenario than trying to resort to the micro search strip or circle method. Not only are your chances of locating someone better but your chances of being found are better!
i personally use a Pieps DSP pro, and love it, even though I feel the Mamutt is likely the best transceiver on the market today iam not skilled enough yet with the analog searching methods to really utilize one!

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe some of us don't have the money to replace stuff that still works.

Yup totaly get your point! And someone who is well experienced with an older transceiver is likely far better off than some with a new Mammut pulse that has no clue how to use it....... "Which is a high percentage"
i guess I should have said that if you can at all afford it, or if a person is deciding which way to go with an extra 3-400 bucks I would strongly suggest upgrading to a 3 antenna!

Top Bottom