Is it just me?

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or are there less people sledding this year?

I haven't even been out, but reviewing the forums from time to time it just seems like a lot less hype. Almost.. quiet??

My sled is back together and have plans to ride this Sunday.

So is it true?

Is it the economy?

Is it the more commonly talked about dangers of mountain riding?

Or is everybody out sniping their private stashes of powder and not telling anybody about it or teasing us with pictures?

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know for sure. But the hotels and parking lots seem less busy to me this year. and I think its more because of avi risk then finances. Most of my usual buddies havent rode this year because there wives wont let them because of all the hype on the news about "himarkers" and avi deaths.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I sure do see alot of girls out this year. And not just girls drug out by their husbands and watching them do "stuff", but girls who can RIP!! Woohoo!!

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I sure do see alot of girls out this year. And not just girls drug out by their husbands and watching them do "stuff", but girls who can RIP!! Woohoo!!

Your absolutely right. Being a single guy you notice the girlz and yes there are definately more of them and they arent sissy riders either. lol:d

m7 carver

Reaction score
i have only been up twice this year but yes i think i have noticed a bit of a decrease

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im on day 6,, few less then normal for sure,,

partly money,,, mostly time and yes I skipped a day or 2 to avoid high avy risk.....

so its a combo for me,,,,

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw you rippin it up in revy early this year! teachin your lil bro the ropes! that was pretty sweet. good on ya!

Ha! That's funny. I am pretty sure I remember you too from the cabin.. I mostly showed the brother how to use the shovel cuz that snow was bottomless and the stucks were massive!! We did have alot of fun though- it was my first trip out and breaking in a new sled, and his first trip to the mountains EVER. Talk about a steep learning curve! We've both had a good season and are sucking much less now :d Hope you've managed to get some good trips in too...

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha! That's funny. I am pretty sure I remember you too from the cabin.. I mostly showed the brother how to use the shovel cuz that snow was bottomless and the stucks were massive!! We did have alot of fun though- it was my first trip out and breaking in a new sled, and his first trip to the mountains EVER. Talk about a steep learning curve! We've both had a good season and are sucking much less now :d Hope you've managed to get some good trips in too...

Yeah we met at the peaks lodge too. The snow was sick!!!! I've had a good season. 32 days in the mountains. Just got back from a 8 day trip to stewart and hyder alaska. Best trip of my life. hands down

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I don't know about the big picture but my riding is the same and maybe a little higher. Not bragging, just stating facts, it was my 39th day today.

Also 19 days in the groomer. Not a noticeable difference in the amount of sleds on grooming runs.

Let it go for a few more pages and we'll see.....:beer::beer::beer:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the big picture but my riding is the same and maybe a little higher. Not bragging, just stating facts, it was my 39th day today.

Also 19 days in the groomer. Not a noticeable difference in the amount of sleds on grooming runs.

Let it go for a few more pages and we'll see.....:beer::beer::beer:

i call bs in this post,,, I doubt you been out that much but I know your 39:d

good job,,, Im jealous

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah we met at the peaks lodge too. The snow was sick!!!! I've had a good season. 32 days in the mountains. Just got back from a 8 day trip to stewart and hyder alaska. Best trip of my life. hands down

lucky bastage. i only have 1500 km on my sled this year so far!

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got back from Mcbride and the parking lot at the North Country lodge was pretty much full.

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's called WORK. It's killed my sledding season just as it sucks up my life. On the plus side it has allowed me to buy Arctic crap so I don't really have near as much desire to go out and breakdown and get towed back. Guess there's a plus to everything!

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What notice that lot are staying local the snow was great here.I over hear some guy talking and they saying why go to the mountains there enough snow here .We had a bonus year selling trail passes.This past weekend sold over $180 in day passes that a record for me

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 days for me so far in the Shuswaps, took ill, BC sled season over for this yr. some relaxed rides around home on warm days:(

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i stayed away in jan and feb to let the avys calm down.... normaly i go 1 weekend a month..... well this month im going twice..... so im 2 shy of normal

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
lucky bastage. i only have 1500 km on my sled this year so far!

I don't know about the lucky part?

Even though I have that many days, there are only 1948 kms on the sled since March 31 of last year. Some days we can ride 50 kms and are done, pooped, ready for a nap!

Depending on where we go, it can be enywheres from 6-12 km to the play areas so that in itself makes for low mileage days.

But it has been a great winter.....the best snow in the last 10 years! I'm sure a guy will be able to ride on Father's Day this year.....just saying

Top Bottom