Is having a beer in the hotel parking lot legal?

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mean,
It wasn't like we were swilling beers and leaving cans lying around. We had one beer each in our possession, within 10 feet of our door, the hotel was pretty much empty, and no one from the road would have seen it. I am thinking of looking in to this and see if there is a law, or were the cops just being dicks.

Probably a concerned citizen phoned you guys in, alot of people in this age make a big deal about harmless activities, wish they had more things on there mind then some one else's enjoyment.Its only going to get worse, and theres going to be more and more laws about everything. Or were you guys pulling your sleds out of the trailer and rapping them off without belts on, doing beer bongs, and shooting roman candles at each other lol.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Golden cops have been getting worse every year. Tons of random checks, a friend of mine has been pulled over 6 times or more, sober. Not a checkstop, pulled over.
It will get even worse once their new rookie training center is built.
The Golden cops are world famous. There are more complaints lodged against that detachment than anywhere else in Western Canada I was told by a retired RC. They have been hard at it harrassing Albertan sledders for 20 years at least. And now you say there will be a rookie training base there? God help us......

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doing beer bongs, and shooting roman candles at each other

Its been 20+ years since I personally did this^ and it still brings a smile to my face when something brings back those memories. (didn't have a sled then so no rapping:() ah the good old days.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Golden cops are world famous. There are more complaints lodged against that detachment than anywhere else in Western Canada I was told by a retired RC. They have been hard at it harrassing Albertan sledders for 20 years at least. And now you say there will be a rookie training base there? God help us......
Believe me, it has nothing to do with out of towners or anything. They are just as bad with long time locals.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I'm having a cold one on my front lawn near the sidewalk while doing yard work is this not legal? Its both public and private. Interesting question though.

haha,, yer such a ch!t disturber, usually 25 ft from your front foundation is your private property, the rest to the sidewalk is city, pain in the azz cutting city grass and shoveling their snow. hehe. i'd have the beer too, if it was me, and they have the audacity to send you fines etc if you don't cut or shovel.

beer time.

Last edited:

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Id have to say Sylvan Cops are a close running for 1st place :)

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The hotel could lose their liquor license for the restaurant by allowing drinking in the parking lot. Pretty strict on the area drinking is allowed for licensing.
Same as you can't sit in the parking lot of the bar and drink, it's privately owned land but for the purpose of a public service business and the license does state no drinking outside of specific areas. You rent the room, you can drink in the room, but the lot is considered public.

Having lived in Golden for 20 years, the cops have always been active but by necessity IMO. With huge traffic on the #1, transients, criminal activity passing through, thefts and break ins - as a local I was pretty happy with the RC activity in the area...even though I spent lots of time on the bright end of the flashlight growing up there :p

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe they should focus more on transients, criminal activity passing through, thefts and break ins....and let me have a beer outside my room on a chair, minding my own business and contributing to their economy.. :beer::p

The hotel could lose their liquor license for the restaurant by allowing drinking in the parking lot. Pretty strict on the area drinking is allowed for licensing.
Same as you can't sit in the parking lot of the bar and drink, it's privately owned land but for the purpose of a public service business and the license does state no drinking outside of specific areas. You rent the room, you can drink in the room, but the lot is considered public.

Having lived in Golden for 20 years, the cops have always been active but by necessity IMO. With huge traffic on the #1, transients, criminal activity passing through, thefts and break ins - as a local I was pretty happy with the RC activity in the area...even though I spent lots of time on the bright end of the flashlight growing up there :p

cooper

Reaction score
Maybe they should focus more on transients, criminal activity passing through, thefts and break ins....and let me have a beer outside my room on a chair, minding my own business and contributing to their economy.. :beer::p
What he said.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What he said.
It's all about location, our RCMP are sledders to so this wouldn't be a problem in are area unless your acting like a azzhat.

Last edited:

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man with all the stolen sleds vehicles and other criminal activity in Golden they should be to busy to hassle vacationing sledders. Retardedly inCompitent Manipulative Pricks.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man with all the stolen sleds vehicles and other criminal activity in Golden they should be to busy to hassle vacationing sledders. Retardedly inCompitent Manipulative Pricks.

You said it! I would be way more happy to be checked for all the other bs if they EVER asked for proof of ownership of the sleds? You can steal what ever you what as long as your fog lights are off and the sled you just stole is tied down and has a flag on it!

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tammy, thats because you were a sh!t disturber back in the day when we roamed the town :)
Anyway, you have a point but in my opinion Golden cops go way beyond "reasonable" enforcement. As a teenager growing up there the harassment was crazy.

Top Bottom