Is Coolant Change Required

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not getting a whole lot of action in the A/C section so I thought I’d post here as well. Last February I had a coolant leak on my ‘16 M8000 LTD that turned out to be a faulty rad cap. The lodge I was at in Wyoming is roughly a 20 mile trail ride out so I just topped it off with the generic anti-freeze they had there for sale (see pic). It ended up taking roughly 1.5 litres of this coolant mixed 50/50 with some bottled water that we had. My question is, do you think I should swap it out and put fresh A/C coolant back in? Or will it be fine the way it is? I’m worried cause I don’t see anywhere on the jug that it’s safe for aluminum engines. But it does say safe for all makes and models so it should be? Also should I check it to make sure it’s good as far as mixture? Thanks for any advice.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t worry about it, when I get my topend back for my xm, that’s all it’s going to see.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the strength of antifreeze and if you are close to -40 and no floaties in the tester you are good to go.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the red anti freeze with deionized water, and I mix with “water wetter” with it,check it out.��

Top Bottom