Is can am mr worth the money

junirz

Reaction score
Hey all
I am trying to decide on if the money is worth it for this machine.
Lots of goodies but at a huge price..
Just trying to get an opinion. I know this topic has been beaten to death, but I'm trying to get the best bang for my bucksss
Thanx

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you were to buy a stock Can am outlander 800 and do all the mods to make it the same as the MR then yes its worth the money. Plus you wouldn't be voiding your warranty.

Is it any better than any other quad, not really, but I'd still get one if I had money to burn.

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I've heard. Adding all the accessories to a stock reneagade could bring the price tag close to $19,000. A $15,000 or w/e the MR is listed at it should be a much better deal. The mention of the warranty is a good point. But you gotta look at home the machine is purpose built. It won't be as versatile as a built up stock machine. Some things that you wouldn't change or every really use are still good for some trail riding or higher speeds. But what the hell do I know. I ride a 2wd

Mehoe

Reaction score
Even tho its a mudding atv the XMR won't get covered buy warranty for any water damage done. I have read forums about XMR engines seizing up without any contact with water and the Can Am dealers are calling it water damage so no new motor for free. $15,000 down the drain feel sorry for those guys. They are all crooks working for BRP and are A-Holes!!!!!

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
If you were to buy a stock Can am outlander 800 and do all the mods to make it the same as the MR then yes its worth the money. Plus you wouldn't be voiding your warranty.

Is it any better than any other quad, not really, but I'd still get one if I had money to burn.

there is a dealer that will warranty anything as long as you buy it from them... and the price is decent too :)

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even tho its a mudding atv the XMR won't get covered buy warranty for any water damage done. I have read forums about XMR engines seizing up without any contact with water and the Can Am dealers are calling it water damage so no new motor for free. $15,000 down the drain feel sorry for those guys. They are all crooks working for BRP and are A-Holes!!!!!

come on, are you serious. point out these ads please. engines siezing with out water damage?? if it siezes without water in it, you can tell that and you can tell if it siezes with water in it. somethings got the facts screwed up here. yes it can seize one way or the other but any moron with a little expereince in motors will be able to tell if it is water damage. not all the facts are put on the table here. and you know there all crooks,no matter what you buy or who you buy from. some are more crooks than others. and A-holes???? maybe your opioion only and what merit is there in one opinion. give us a list of these sites and where we can find that info.

Klondike Mike

Reaction score
come on, are you serious. point out these ads please. engines siezing with out water damage?? if it siezes without water in it, you can tell that and you can tell if it siezes with water in it. somethings got the facts screwed up here. yes it can seize one way or the other but any moron with a little expereince in motors will be able to tell if it is water damage. not all the facts are put on the table here. and you know there all crooks,no matter what you buy or who you buy from. some are more crooks than others. and A-holes???? maybe your opioion only and what merit is there in one opinion. give us a list of these sites and where we can find that info.

I find it rather odd that in one thread you can make rather outlandish statments and end with "if i am not correct then prove me wrong with facts" yet in this one you want him to prove/ back his statements. You can't have it both ways.

jus sayin......

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love my outlander it's been beat hard and kicks azz !

Last edited by a moderator:

junirz

Reaction score
I just got the bike and was out for a short blast and I must say.......
FREAKIN AWSOME
Power is all there and the ride is so much more than what i have been used to
Power steering--Never without anymore..:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Top Bottom