Is 1.25" to small

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my cuz has a 600 Ski-doo 136" with a 1.25" rip saw track he was wondering if that would be ok in the mountains?He has never rode them neither have I so i thought i'd ask the pro's.
He wants to go and try it and if he likes it then he'll look into a mountain sled.
He is willing to to put a bigger track maybe a 1.75" on if it'll make a huge difference.

If the track will make a difference does anyone have one for sale and how much?

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a simalr size track on my old ZR580 and it did just fine just have to watch where you go and dont expect to highmark anybody. as lond as he isnt breaking trail all day he should be fine.

greenlightning86

Reaction score
He should be fine. My first 2 times to the mountains I had a zr 500 with 121' x 1'
He will just have to follow a track in some places and will be limited by how high he could climb but for the most part it's no problem.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
It all depends on how you ride and the time of year. There have been times when I have wished for a shorter lug track on my sled when riding in the mountains, low snow conditions are a prime example. Anyway when I first started riding we took a Polaris Indy Lite 340 down the pipeline from Corbin. Lots of funny looks but we got every where the bigger sleds went.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been telling my wife that 1.25 inchs is above average for years now!!!

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first time to the mountains I had a 91 Cat Prowler 121" x 3/4". Get this, went Valemount rode Clemina and Allen Creek the first part of January. Rode and worked my ars off and had the time of my life trying to keep up. I wasn't able to go everywhere my buds where but I sure had a good time trying.. Just go and use what you have. Be prepared to do a little work and you won't regret the experience. Enjoy the ride....:beer::beer:

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
and also is will make you a better rider, because it wont be point and shoot you will have to make a stradgy to make it over the next hill lol

Hillbilly64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my cuz has a 600 Ski-doo 136" with a 1.25" rip saw track he was wondering if that would be ok in the mountains?He has never rode them neither have I so i thought i'd ask the pro's.
He wants to go and try it and if he likes it then he'll look into a mountain sled.
He is willing to to put a bigger track maybe a 1.75" on if it'll make a huge difference.

If the track will make a difference does anyone have one for sale and how much?

My 07 Rev came with a 1.25 track and after 1 trip to Revy off it came. I put on a 1.75 camo as I didn't want to change the drivers. But I agree with the other posters, go with what you got and enjoy. The more times you go out the more experience you gain.

srxhair

Reaction score
our first trips in 85 were with 62hp el'tigres with 116x15x1/2 tracks,our wives had 340s it was a blast.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should be alright just make sure you don't drop into a bowl that you can't get out of, i'm saying that because it happen to me my first ride in the mountains with a rmk 700 136 with 2" paddles, ended up riding down through the trees which wasn't fun but there was 3' of fresh pow........just be careful.

Top Bottom