Iron Horse Trail 2010/2011 Season

smiley1

Reaction score
The St.Paul Rally is on Holiday Sunday; February 20th. Advance tickets are available thru any of the 4 snowmobile dealers in St.Paul or look up Rally Events on this site...thanks; Smiley :)

Bonedead

Reaction score
Hey Duck...

The Groomer should be working it's way back to St.Paul by tomorrow night. (from Bonnyville) I spoke to a fellow Groomer operator and we are going to have the trail from St.Paul east to Heinsberg and back done Thursday, then hopefully we can do our trail system south to the river and back before Saturday!!

The Groomer has been out almost every night for the past week and a half!! We'll get it all done soon, and hopefully start all over again!!

Thanks,

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Want to pass along a big Thanks for the Asshats on their Quads who totally focked up the trail from Bellis to Smoky Lake. Get a life. Potential flat tires if you were to meet up with the wrong people on the trails, or so I've heard.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Want to pass along a big Thanks for the Asshats on their Quads who totally focked up the trail from Bellis to Smoky Lake. Get a life. Potential flat tires if you were to meet up with the wrong people on the trails, or so I've heard.

Agreed.....the fockers were staged at the Smokey Lake staging area. That trail was the roughest trail ever. You would think those penis biters would have respect for others but they didn't care at all....No wonder that section of the trail is not groomed....those dinks would just wreck it anyway....I have a new respect for quad riders now.....:rant:

xrsrev

Reaction score
Duck, That new sled looks like it runs well on a flat groomed trail! Cant wait to see it stuck in some powder! LOL! Nice vid!

Bonedead

Reaction score
Hey guys, So I guess you guys in are in need of some grooming!!! We are planning to get the groomer heading west from St.Paul some time this week. Then we can fix up the ruts those ch!t heads left with their quads!!

They should either buy a sled, or stay the hell home!!!

Thanks,

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On another note.... Here is a video done Jan 22 of the trail from Smokey lake to Cold Lake....

:beer::beer::beer:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eJzKacEzo0[/YT]

You made it from Smoky Lake to Cold Lake in under 10 minutes!!! I am impressed.:d

Hitchguy

Reaction score
You made it from Smoky Lake to Cold Lake in under 10 minutes!!! I am impressed. :d

Well he was riding a DOO :d:d:d:d:d

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pic's and videos fella's.
Iron Horse and local club trails have been freshly groomed at Bonnyville and Cold Lake last week.
St. Paul to Elk Point/Heinsberg this week, and now in process to and around Smoky Lake.
5 clubs working together to make your riding even more enjoyable.
Ride Safe (& keep the peace thru towns and built-up areas, reduce speed, reduce noise, and always be considerate of others.)
Hoping for some fresh in next few days.
ASA Trail passes available at local merchants keep the trails opened and maintained.

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Iron Horse Trail was freshly groomed on Monday from Smoky Lake to St. Paul, breaking up some of the glaze/crust from previous warm & cold spells.
The St. Paul Trailblazers South Trail will be freshly double-groomed and set for next weekend's rally; it's one not to be missed! Advance Tickets available at the 4 powersports dealers in St. Paul are now more than 50% sold out, and will be gone before tha rally...it has been a sellout event for a few years now.

8 upcoming Lakeland events are now posted at:

C'mon down and ride the Lakeland! ASA Trail Passes are recommended.

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oops, I forgot that we've gotten a fresh skiff of snow last nite.
& Base is great!

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Planning a big trip for Saturday March 12 from Waskatenau to Heinsburg with the in-laws. Any updates on trail conditions? Taking my wifes twin 15 year old brothers and father for a rip, they've been looking forward to this trip all year, hoping for good weather and great conditions.

Any info appreciated. BUBS:beer:

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
The groomer was tugging along this afternoon.

He was just past Ardmore at 16.45 tonight heading to Cold Lake....

Remember to let the trail set up...Should be awesome with the cool weather...

Good riding sledders.

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
180kms from Waskatenau to Heinsberg.
No fuel at Warspite, Bellis, Vilna, otherwise available most common hours at most towns & a couple Hiway sites.
Good snow-base and about 2" of fresh in last day or so.
Freshly groomed from Elk Point thru St. Paul up to Ashmont (previous few days & NEward to Cold Lake today).
Ashmont to Smoky will likely be done in the next week.
Beware of possible surprise windblown drifts, and other obstacles, road crossings, etc.
Respectful access is allowed into most Towns for meals etc. & is posted with yellow corrdor markers. You should have a Great Ride!
Give us a post when you get home & let us know how you did.

ASA Trail Pass purchases help pay our way.
Ride Safe!

Top Bottom