iphone telus

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I'm one of those "someones" :d ...November... if you are interested click here:

PS>>> Its the new iPhone 3GS !!!

I need to upgrade.Battery is toast in my old razor and a new battery cost more than a new phone!!:eek::eek:Should I wait for this Todd,or get a crackrerry???Then I could be in the cool crowd and BBM everyone!!!

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
You need a Crackberry...Wilma wants a new fur coat.....:d:d

Ahhh up to you Mike...all your buds are BB messenger freaks...:d...BB ;)

I need to upgrade.Battery is toast in my old razor and a new battery cost more than a new phone!!:eek::eek:Should I wait for this Todd,or get a crackrerry???Then I could be in the cool crowd and BBM everyone!!!

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The info that i herd, the iphone well be released the first week of Nov, the data plans are going to priced similar to Rogers plans.
The main concern that I was wondering how strong is the 3G network with Telus when the phone is released. Is the 3G only going to be available around major citys or well it extend out in the rural areas.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
The new 3G network is overlayed on the existing EVDO network...coverage will very robust and will continue to grow as before...here are the maps:

The info that i herd, the iphone well be released the first week of Nov, the data plans are going to priced similar to Rogers plans.
The main concern that I was wondering how strong is the 3G network with Telus when the phone is released. Is the 3G only going to be available around major citys or well it extend out in the rural areas.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
Bell, Telus confirm iPhone launches
Simon Avery
Published: Oct 10, 2009

BCE Inc.'s Bell Canada and Telus Corp. will begin selling the iPhone next month, breaking the stranglehold on the iconic device that rival Rogers Communications Inc. has held for more than a year.

The country's two largest incumbent telecom companies, under pressure to re-ignite growth as new wireless competitors begin operations this year, are banking on Apple Inc.'s ground-breaking smart phone to help them sign up bigger-spending customers and shift the balance of power in Canada's mobile market.

Bell announced Monday that it will launch national service in November on the $1-billion next-generation wireless network it has been building with Telus, months ahead of schedule. The project extends the two companies' existing third-generation (3G) networks to include the same technology standard employed by Rogers, the nation's largest cellphone company.

Until now, Rogers has enjoyed a Canadian monopoly on that standard – and with it, one of the hottest products of the mobile age.

The iPhone has helped drive Rogers' wireless growth through the recession by 7 per cent this year. Rogers has said its iPhone customers spend 11/2 times more than its average wireless subscriber.

Bell and Telus confirmed Tuesday morning they had deals with Apple to start selling the iPhone in November, after the Globe reported the news Monday.

Wade Oosterman, president of Bell Mobility, said the company would be adding several new devices at launch time.

“We have a very strong lineup of manufacturers,” he said. “We're going to expand the options for Canadians. Those that require, for example, international roaming now have a viable alternative.”

Bell and Telus announced a year ago that they would put aside their historic rivalry to build the high-speed packet access network, or HSPA, together. Market conditions forced the pair to extend their networks, in part because the precursor technology to HSPA, known as GSM, is the global wireless standard, allowing Rogers to collect the lion's share of lucrative foreign roaming deals in Canada.

In addition, some of the most popular mobile phones, like the iPhone and Nokia Corp.'s N-series devices, are designed exclusively for this standard. Several new wireless carriers are also planning to launch in Canada by next year using the HSPA standard.

Bell and Telus said their partnership would allow them to split the approximate $1-billion construction cost and to get to market sooner.

Even though the two carriers are breaking Rogers' hold on GSM and the iPhone, the fact does not necessarily mean there will be discount deals on Apple's device.

Apple, based in Cupertino, Calif., demands strict terms from wireless companies carrying the iPhone, which limit the carriers' ability to cut prices or differentiate their subscription plans significantly. But for consumers, the news will, at the very least, mean greater supply of the device as well as more choice in terms of service providers and bundled offers for other services, such as home phone, Internet or television connections.

StockTwits feed for Apple Inc.

The iPhone has proved a double-edged sword for Rogers and other wireless operators around the world carrying the device. The smart phone attracts more customers, and specifically users who spend more money than the average mobile phone client. But it requires a heavy subsidy from the carriers, which eats into their profitability.

Apple's fortunes have soared with the iPhone. But the phone companies are realizing that they have to balance the cost of their subsidies with the value of the customers the device brings in.

For Bell, which has managed to cut its customer acquisition costs recently, the iPhone should help spur much-needed growth. The company added only 45,000 new mobile phone customers in the second quarter, compared with 142,000 for Rogers and 111,000 for Telus.

For Telus, Apple's smart phone should help it bolster its average revenue per user, which declined nearly 7 per cent last quarter.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet! I've been wanting to get an iPhone for a while but I'm stuck in a contract with Telus and I don't want to deal with Rogers. I'm not too happy with my current phone and Telus doesn't seem to want to do me any favours in the way of upgrading. I might just end up buying out my contract and getting the iPhone on a 1 or 2 year deal...

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't need to buy out your contract with telus, if you are plannning on staying with them. When the phones come out just buy one and change your plan to it. That way you don't have to spend anything except on buying the phone. My brother-in-law is with Rogers and he just got the 3gig phone from them and they are worth about $700 to buy outright.:d

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't need to buy out your contract with telus, if you are plannning on staying with them. When the phones come out just buy one and change your plan to it. That way you don't have to spend anything except on buying the phone. My brother-in-law is with Rogers and he just got the 3gig phone from them and they are worth about $700 to buy outright.:d

Well after talking to Telus they told me I have a $150 credit on my account towards a new phone. Heres the catch, its off the no contract price AND they resign my contract for another 3 years.:nono:. $700? Ouch, I might have explore my options then...

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an iPhone with Rogers. Very recently they introduced 3G service to my neck of the woods... my life has changed! LOL
I have had a Blackberry, and some other slew of ridiculously expensive phones, my iPhone is by far superior in every way! I have everything in my pocket, instead of a purse full of crap.

The only thing i could possibly complain about is the battery. Somehow I zapped my first battery - in less than a year - and it's not warranty to replace. BUT once 3G service came to Bonnyville my battery life improved significantly. Battery used to go dead within minutes of seeing the 20% of battery remaining warning and last only about 2 days at the most. Now my battery lasts for a few days - possibly because it's not constantly searching for service?

Would highly recommend this phone to almost any user... (Not TTP - he can't even turn it on LOL)

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bells web site has the same announcement. Can't wait. I would like one.

Top Bottom