Interior BC campsites?

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of taking the trailer into the interior for some R&R. Maybe Fernie, Kimberly, Nelson, Radium and so on. Anyone have favourite campgrounds/RV Parks they can recommend. Being on the water, lake or stream, would be nice.

Thanks.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nakusp is a nice little place to hang out for awhile,nice lake hot springsgolf and friendly people.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have done Nakusp and Ainsworth and would agree that they are really nice places. That ferry ride is waaay cool, and the hotsprings are awsome.

I have heard mixed reviews about the Fairmont site. That people who camp on the site are not treated well. They felt treated like some sort of pee on. Apparently their is snobbery at the Fairmont site...RV'ers vs hotel goers....even if your sitting in a $500,000 motorhome. Go figure.

Bucky

Reaction score
Spruce Grove in Fairmont is a nice spot. Beside the river has a pool and across the road from Riverside golf course.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was wondering about Spruce Grove. Thanks.

We have decided to start in Kimberley. They apparently have a campsite run by the city that is supposed to be super clean, private and well appointed for everyone. Comes quite highly rated. We got a site right ont he St. Mary River and it is Fly Fishing only....woo hoo!!! Mom and baby at the pool or playground while Daddy is washing his fish hooks all.... day.....long. Hiking trails and a lake nearby for a beach. From there we will decide on the next stop. Thanks for the suggestions.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kimberley riverside campground I presume?

It's a pretty nice site. If you head up to the lake you can float back to the campground. One of the common river floats around.

There is a music festival at camp stone this weekend as well. It is on your left before the campground. Saturday is the rock day, sunday being the folky/family day, or so it's being advertised. 25$ for the weekend, 15$ per day, kids under 12 free. Might be something to check out, if you are so inclined.

If you have a truck with you, as I presume you do, you can take the gray creek pass over to crawford bay, then on to nelson. Doesn't save time vs the highway, but you're in the woods.

The beach on the lake is pretty rocky, but pretty nice. The trails in the nature park are awesome, though you may want a map to keep yourself oriented. As always, be bear aware.

Just a few ideas, there is a bunch to do round these parts. Enjoy your stay.:beer:

Last edited:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, Kimberley Riverside.

Thanks a lot for the heads up on the fun stuff. Much appreciated. Was also thinking of taking in the natural hotsprings...Lussier for the swimsuit on and that other one for eau natural (so I hear).

Music festival sounds fun. Too bad we were not arriving Saturday. We were at one time but have family coming in Sat. Might check out the Sunday program.

Nature park for sure!

Thanks again.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of taking the trailer into the interior for some R&R. Maybe Fernie, Kimberly, Nelson, Radium and so on. Anyone have favourite campgrounds/RV Parks they can recommend. Being on the water, lake or stream, would be nice.

Thanks.

Will-o-bend Golf & RV Park in JAffray if you're into golfing

Top Bottom