intercoolers

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hi i have installed the boondocker pump gas turbo on m8,was looking at installing new intercooler.some people ay there is no advatage others tell me of up to 20 hp gains,any info would be helpful.also will the mapping on contol box have to be calabrated agian if cooler is added:d

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have no dyno numbers or anything like that to prove to you... but i have a boondocker race gas kit... with intercooler and i don't know how much boost you are running but im around the 11 lbs mark... thinking bout turning it up a bit more see what happens but what i can tell you is that my charge tube is hot, not so hot that your like D@m() thats hot... but hot enough for you to touch it on a -20 day and be like wow... thats hot... anyways if you aren't going to run high boost like 8-9+ lbs there is no use for an intercooler because they aren't 100% efficient probably like 80% efficient or something but the decrease in air temp makes up for it... especially if you have a screen kit cut into the top of you hood.

(high the boost pressure the more heat is created from compressing the air)

plain and simple running high boost pressures an intercooler will help, how much... i don't know, running low boost you will probably not gain much or maybe even hurt yourself a bit.

Your boondocker numbers might need to be changed a bit, if you stay pump fuel and decide to get an intercooler might have to change them slightly... if you switch to race gas you will def need to change your numbers for higher boost and race gas... do you have auxilary fuel rail and injectors and fuel pump with ur pump gas kit?

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks,fuel pump is stock,this sled is ran between 4-7 lbs and is like a rocket very impressed,and a lot of fun to ride:d

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got ya... you would need to get an upgraded fuel pump or else an aux fuel pump and aux fuel rail and injectors to properly perform at higher boost levels...

im just starting to get mine tuned in, i've had a few problems... ghosty type things... finally started running OK last weekend and i blew a hole in my pipe... so im hoping this weekend things turn out better... i have my dads M1000 to compare against... i expect nothing less than a S#!& stomping but who knows... what are you clutches set up like? i have a straight 40 helix red secondary and a green primary i think with 75.3 g weight in it... ovs clutch kit set to backshift as hard as possible right now running 10ish lbs boost and revving 8350 rpms before my pipe blew... so i know there is lots left in it as far as rpms go and clutching.... i have a buddy doing up a new doo 163 860 big bore kit and a 60 hp shot of juice... i better highmark him or i'll be pizzed

Top Bottom