Intake Air Temp sensor relocation kit

Kailem

Reaction score
Ive got a 2015 m8000, that seems to bog out once in a while. has anyone installed the slp intake air temp sensor relocation kit in an attempt to fix this? wondering if I should bother going through the hassle of doing it? they must make it for a reason, but why would arctic cat let this be an issue for so long if its a simple relocation fix?

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some people on snowest use it and swear by it, i havent had an issue other than the load up going downhill which is normal. when you say bog out what do you mean a load up rich sputter? or just after u start it? could you be making the throttle safety switch activate? stock can?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've moved the temp sensor on 4 M800's thus far, from a 2012 to a 2015. All ran better (crisper) once it was done. I've never used SLP's kit, just lengthened the harness (soldered and heat shrinks on the connections) and moved the sensor. Can't say I've ever experienced the "bog", as I did this to my M800 before I rode it, and have done the relocation to other people's sleds - never heard any complaints since.

Kailem

Reaction score
yeah everyonce in a while just as im about to pin it to climb a hill it want to bog out. nothing there. maybe Im wording it wrong and not getting the throttle response im hoping for. Im running a stock exhaust with an aftermarket can.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah everyonce in a while just as im about to pin it to climb a hill it want to bog out. nothing there. maybe Im wording it wrong and not getting the throttle response im hoping for. Im running a stock exhaust with an aftermarket can.
Be aware that the issue may lie with your exhaust can. On any 2 stroke, a certain amount of backpressure is required. Easy test: run it with the stock can to determine if this is your issue.

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup try a stock can and you may be causing the throttle switch to activate i know i can do it to mine if i grab it a certain way(you could try unplugging it as long as u have a tether to test)

Top Bottom