Insurance

Nonhighwayservice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many of you have insurance on your sled? If you do what's covered? I get things like fire and theft, but what if the thing sails off a cliff into the abyss never to be seen again, is that covered?

Brojoe

Reaction score
I carry full insurance on my sled. Everything from theft,fire, and collision.

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Full coverage. Includes chopper out. If it sinks in lake, anything. I put a limited waiver of depreciation on it. So I get bill of sale value for 30 months. Doesn't cost all that much more. Works perfect cause I usually buy a new one every 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRASH1000

Reaction score
Well i thought i had full coverage with fire,theft and collision but all this chopper and hurt talk is starting to make me wonder. It is not cheap $798 a year. One company wanted $1700.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get full coverage! You never know what's going to happen. And thank god I got it cause my sled burnt to the ground the other weekend!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get full coverage! You never know what's going to happen. And thank god I got it cause my sled burnt to the ground the other weekend!

Ya exactly. Seing what some folks on here can do by hitting a small rock makes a guy lean towards full coverage. Doesn't take much todo 5000-8000 damage on a new sled

schwindt

Reaction score
The sef 44 coverage is placed to cover damage done to you by uninsured motorists, or under insured motorists if they cause damage to you or your property, so as far as injury hitting rocks or trees that will not cover you. You want accident benefits on the policy which covers your own injury this can be placed on policy with or without collision \ fire and theft coverage

Clares240

Reaction score
I carry policies that include fire and theft, not that I really care too but it was cheap enough, ( I don't own 15000 dollar sleds). I just thought it would be interesting to have an insurance company involved if they were to go missing. I mostly insure for liability reasons, as well as, judiciary reasons. If I have insurance and registration, law enforcement has alot less avenues to harass me, it seems to me that law enforcement has been really stepping up their programs of off-road enforcement in the past couple of decades. I seem to find cops in the strangest places, with a plate on the machine and a valid sticker, I can just wave and smile. But aside from the waving and smiling thing, what really scares me is the possibilty of an accident, and subsequent law suit. If I hurt myself, so be it, if someone else were to get hurt well I can't imagine what that would be like for me or them if there was no policy that could possibly be called upon for some sort of restitution.

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully everyone at least has PLPD. Nothing sucks more if the person who causes an accident has no insurance. I know for a fact there is alot of people out there that do not have ANY insurance.

Top Bottom