Insurance on atv and snowmobiles

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey i was just wondering if you were to have a claim for a wrecked sled or quad does this affect you automobile rates as well or just you OHV rates?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey i was just wondering if you were to have a claim for a wrecked sled or quad does this affect you automobile rates as well or just you OHV rates?

i would imagine any claim will affect your rates.

Rammit07

Reaction score
I don't carry collision on my sled, but from what my insurance told me this is a separate policy that will not affect your automobile insurance.

abcowboy

Reaction score
my buddy wrote his trailor and quad last summer and his trailor went under his truck insurance and the quad had it's own insurance plan

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
When Insuring your Snowmobile or ATV you should get a stand alone policy. Which means its separate from your auto's. Then if a claim is made it does not affect your insurance. For my sled im under the ASA policy and my quads are with that broker as well. My Auto's are with another broker. I had a quad claim several years back and did not affect anything. If you have them together you may find your in Facility and your premiums went up the whole package.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what rknight said. Keep in mind any claims you put in will effect that policy in the future.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So it is best to get a standalone, to protect your auto insurance rates.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When Insuring your Snowmobile or ATV you should get a stand alone policy. Which means its separate from your auto's. Then if a claim is made it does not affect your insurance. For my sled im under the ASA policy and my quads are with that broker as well. My Auto's are with another broker. I had a quad claim several years back and did not affect anything. If you have them together you may find your in Facility and your premiums went up the whole package.

I called JDR Insurance and asked for a quote on a stand alone and was told if there are any claims agaist the policy it will effect my auto insurance.

Is there a certain company to deal with or a certain policy type

Top Bottom