Installing turbo

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could someone briefly explain alll the mods i would have to do to put a turbo on my '08 M8? I know i should go see Rory at PA but my time limits that so Im trying to figure out what has the best bang for the buck before i go see him. I am converting the stock exhaust to SLP high flow Y pipe, pipe and silencer and installing VForce reeds which i imagine will require the boondocker box aswell. So from this point what else needs to be done to prepare for a turbo? I know how to fix a broken sled, I just dont know how to do engine mods.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First off you must decide what is your Target. Building without plans is cost plus, sledding with Boost is expensive enough.Pick a target then make up your goodie list. But if your loaded.....................carry on.

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just call boondockers, get a bolt on kit, 10 hrs for install, then be prapared to pay $100 for fuel a day and givr, you won't regret it!

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just finishing install of boondocker,,,, your pretty much set,,,but like what mrcoops said if your prepared for $100/day feul...lett'r buck....I am not regretting it....

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im getting the feeling that not only are turbos expensive to install, but expensive to run and adds a lot more unreliability to the sled, would this be a safe assumption? If so, i think I'll just stick with my original plan and NO2 it instead.

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reliablility is there, you just need to learn the signs, just like tuning any 2 stroke, a little more involved out of the gate, but once you figure out the tuner box your going to use, it is a snap. much easier than fulling carbs of in the freezing cold.

edge8

Reaction score
I don't have a turbo/NOS but NOS is not cheap either for a few minutes of fun where as a turbo is there all the time. Riding old tech. 2002 RMK 800 and would also like to put on a turbo. May be a little harder to tune as it is carbed, just looking for info as well:Animals3::twocents:

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Wanting to turbo my 2006 RMK 900..... You people on this site that know the places to go & whom to talk to, Can ya post info or pm me with locations & phone numbers in the city of ....... Champions !!??? Thks.... Hey GetR'Done, You know nothing.... Right !? Hope I don't have to sell the farm for more fun.

GRD

Reaction score
What are you talking about??? It cost 20 bucks? Good deal.

Wanting to turbo my 2006 RMK 900..... You people on this site that know the places to go & whom to talk to, Can ya post info or pm me with locations & phone numbers in the city of ....... Champions !!??? Thks.... Hey GetR'Done, You know nothing.... Right !? Hope I don't have to sell the farm for more fun.

Top Bottom