Installing a new Tail Light

Dino

Reaction score
Well after alot of good input I finally got around to doing my tail light the way I had invisioned in the start. I will ad pics in order of install. The light is from SLP. I bought some aluminum angle and mounted the light to it and trimmed back the snow flap a bit to accomodate the mounting process. I used rivets to mount the light and drilled a hole down for the wires. On the other end I ran the wires throught the chanel it ran through original and before it poped out of the end I drilled a hole so the wire could go downwards. I then located the rear bumper from down below and drilled into it and ran the wiring down the bump to a second hole I drilled and connected the wires and used lume and gromets to mount the wires secure.

I hope that this help[s someone out.

Thanks
Well I mounted my led light as you did. Problem is when you a bury the sled the compacted snow pushes the snow flap up in to the led breaking the light. I ended up remounting the led as MTNREV did and all is well. Dino

vtlbill

Reaction score
That's a great observation on burying your sled and breaking the light.

This will help out croweman as he is always buried and stuck somewhere. We are not sure why he even needs a taillight as he is always at the back of the pack. Lol.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well fack........
I got the SLP LED light on and mounted and wired but light no worky. I have power all the way to the last connection. Not sure what is going on.

On the SLP site they have
RED - BRAKE
WHITE - TAIL
BLACK - GROUND.
The sled has BLACK - GROUND and then I believe the red with yellow stripe was tail but don't really remember right now. Either way, both tail and brake wires on the sled side work so not sure what is wrong.
What did you guys use for wiring schematics?

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turns out SLP and Mountain Mod use different color wires for ground.
SLP - Black
MM - White
I got the light from MM but he told me it was the same as the SLP one so I assumed the SLP wiring diagram would work. Gonna swap the wires around and see what happens.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LED light is all good! Works awesome. I will snap some pics tomorrow when the sun comes out of the finished sled!

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I mounted my led light as you did. Problem is when you a bury the sled the compacted snow pushes the snow flap up in to the led breaking the light. I ended up remounting the led as MTNREV did and all is well. Dino

My light has yet to have an issue, it is working great.

Top Bottom