installation help

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am wanting to install electric start on my 08 800xp. Any info would help. They are wanting 3hours to install at the dealership and think that may be steep but am not sure. I can handle 600 for the kit its the 400 to install i dont wanna pay. I assume (not smart lol) that it is plug in to the wiring harness and install motor and battery and away you go but???????

thanks ahead of time.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is a breeze.... everything is plug n play except the mount and when you lift the engine to put it in slide your starter in. put new exhaust gaskets in ther when your there and it will make the job REAL easy... it took me about hour and a half to put it all in and push the button

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
I agree with 38948. I helped a buddy install e-start on his 08 and it was a breeze. Getting at some of the bolts out for the front motor mount was a little time consuming but nothing out of the ordinary. You just have to bolt it in place, run the wiring, install the battery holder and plug it into the harness by the chain case and it is ready to go.

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem i ran into was my sled didnt have the right bracket needed to mount the starter, so have a look at your front support for the 2 bolt holes you will mount the starter with. i had to change mine out.

Top Bottom