InReach

Sooley

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just received my inReach and, was wondering where everyone is carrying/mounting it. I've seen a few videos with guys mounting it on the sled but, I think it should maybe be kept on my person. I would like to mount it to the sled for those adventures where losing my sled is not a possibility but in the mountains I would definitely want it on me or in my back pac.

Any ideas or input?

thanks

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just received my inReach and, was wondering where everyone is carrying/mounting it. I've seen a few videos with guys mounting it on the sled but, I think it should maybe be kept on my person. I would like to mount it to the sled for those adventures where losing my sled is not a possibility but in the mountains I would definitely want it on me or in my back pac.

Any ideas or input?

thanks

I keep mine in my pack and usually make sure the people I'm riding with know I have it in there just in case.

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I need one of these. What kind of plan did you get and how much $$$ after buying the unit?

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We carry themin our pack packs, out of the way put on your body.....it should be away from your beacon.

We went with the basic $14.95 per month plan and will un-scribe in the spring and Fall, we will use it in the summer climbing, hiking and riding horses inthe back country.

Don’t plan on texting, other than if there’s a emergency so the basic plan was good enough aswell as we have the Garmin Rhinos for tracking....

Here’s a link for some rebate money….there’s another offer if you’re a ASA member, but we went for this deal….

http://www.inreachcanada.com/holiday-offer/

Last edited:
Top Bottom