Input Needed! Track Breaking Tool Season Review

Trinity Taz

Reaction score
We at Between the Lines Designs had a great, issue free season on our flexible edge tracks courtesy of our exclusive track breaking tool. We have heard back from a few of those that purchased and tried this process, and their reviews were great with definite favorable results and absolutely no reports of checking, stretching or perforating.
If you experienced the Flexible Edge Track Breaking Tool and would like to share your personal thoughts and experiences, please post it here for everyone. Thanks for a great season, which for some is still going on....

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming a tool that will break stock tracks to make it behave like an XM track.

Trinity Taz

Reaction score
Trolls and losers who have nothing to do but prowl the forums waiting for a post they can bash to prove their ignorance...
Why dont you leave this post open for those that actually try something new;)

Assaulter13

Reaction score
"We at Between the Lines Designs had a great, issue free season on our flexible edge tracks courtesy of our exclusive track breaking tool."

I guess I just don't need my track broken that bad. I have had a pretty happy season with no track stabbing or breakage.

If this tool was free? I probably wouldn't get it - I just don't want my track broken - I like it intact - but to each their own.

Good luck on this innovative tool - in a best case scenario you will get lots of track breakages!

LOL!!!

Assaulter13

Reaction score
So Maxwell -- what is this thing?

Since the OP can't adequately explain it -- perhaps you can enlighten us?

It would be nice to see if the original OP has a product or if this is just spam?

Assaulter13

Reaction score
Fair enough. At least you posted a link and a partial explantion -- perhaps you should get into marketing for these folks?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. At least you posted a link and a partial explantion -- perhaps you should get into marketing for these folks?
Since he's looking for feedback from people that have used it, perhaps he's assuming that they will know what it is..........Probably not much call for this tool by folks riding Polaris.

Assaulter13

Reaction score
Probably not much call for this tool at all?

I think we all know what assumptions get us?

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone who even has a foot in the door in the Ski Doo mountain world knows what this tool is. It's a tool to break the fiberglass rods on your track to mimick the behavior of the Summit XM Flex Edge. It's been out for awhile. All this guy wanted was some input on it from guys that have used it. What's wrong with that? Why comment negatively on something you have no idea about?

if you had a question, why not ask him or google it yourself?

And the above poster is absolutely right, the Polaris boys most likely wont be interested in this tool. No need to be rude there ASSaulter.

Last edited:

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lot's of people on doo talk were trying this tool out.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He is taking about ruining a 1200 dollar track to try and make it into something it isn't with some POS tool he is selling. Really stupid.

Bobsledder, sounds like you have a lot of firsthand experience with these tools. Let us know what you found!

Trinity Taz

Reaction score
https://www.snowandmud.com/snowmobi...tool-67937.html?highlight=track+breaking+tool

Thanks for the input so far, as to the reason for this post...we are trying to decide if we should mass produce these tools. If people like what they see and feel and are experiencing what we are, such as pinpoint handling and better sidehilling traction...even on a Polaris...we want to know that BEFORE we make the tooling to produce them on a larger scale. At this point it appears that this modification will outlast the life of the track paddles and drive lugs.

Last edited:

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bobsledder, sounds like you have a lot of firsthand experience with these tools. Let us know what you found!
no never tried it. If i want a flexi track I will go buy one with an XM attached to it.No need to ruin the one I have, it seems to be working fine.

zed899

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm interested if anyone has had any negative results, seems to me like the track would be weak at the break spot. The real flex edge track doesn't have a rod in the end, allowing the track to flex anywhere in the outside 2" or whatever, not just right at the edge of the rail. Maybe these tracks are just that tough? Enlighten me :)

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Maxwell -- what is this thing?

Since the OP can't adequately explain it -- perhaps you can enlighten us?

It would be nice to see if the original OP has a product or if this is just spam?

Settle down! Do a search one here for that product. Awhile back Trinity Taz had a thread that had pictures and explained the tool and how it works. And he was looking for feed back not attitude!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have never heard of a single person doing this to their track or inquiring about doing this to their track, guessing there isnt a huge demand for it. I myself know that everyone I ride with or know that sleds would never do this to their track, but maybe there is a demand with sleds that don't like to get up on edge very well......?

zed899

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The appeal in my opinion would be for the xp owners wanting to upgrade to t-motion but not wanting to spend another $900 on the track, just use this tool to convert their current one.

Top Bottom