Inormation Needed On Painting Sled Hood

Lanko

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any experience either painting their own hood or have had any luck with taking it to a paint shop. Not trying to do anything to tricky just going from blue to either black or white and then using decals. Any info would be greatly appreciated, willing to do on my own but not sure of the procedure or products to use. This will show my ignorance but I am assuming the hood is plastic (2005 RMK 900). Have thought about aftermarket but like the idea of how the vents, gauges and windshield fit into the factory hood, the factory hood has already been vented and gutted of foam so is fairly light anyway. Thanks in advance.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
That all depends on how nice a job you want..A spray can will look like SH##.What kind of paint do you want to use (industrial or automotive),To make it nice you will need a compressor ,spray gun ,surface prep materials and the ability to spray the material.Not trying to make it complicated for you but it is a very aquired art (that sounds gay but that is the truth).Let me know if you need any tips.You could prep it yourself and take it to a shop to get sprayed,That would save alot of cash.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
The prep work is the most important thing .The best paint in the world will not cover up crappy work.Once again let me know if you need tips

hughie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
paul and mikes autobody, they do all of mountain magics hoods and do incredible work in general, been dealin with them for years, there # is unlisted, so pm me if you're interested

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Also keep in mind that new paint will often crack or chip if stressed. You need to be careful.

Here is a sled we saw in McBride last weekend, one of the best paint jobs I've ever seen.

Attachments

• IMG_9261_1.jpg
    IMG_9261_1.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_9262_1.jpg
    IMG_9262_1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_9263_1.jpg
    IMG_9263_1.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_9264_1.jpg
    IMG_9264_1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_9267_1.jpg
    IMG_9267_1.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Mod1.jpg
    Mod1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 122

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I road with that guy last year at Allen Creek .His buddies did not show up so he came riding with us.He had over 35 grand into that thing.It was lite a hell I think 385 Pounds

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Summitric - your a Drunkn' Idiot...What...are your eyes shot like your liver???
Before you stuff your smelly foot in your mouth and embarrass all Doo owners...get your facts straight.
That is one fine looking Doo and it would be if it were a Cat Tooooo (Dr. Seuse)
Check out the photo...Doo you see????
TOO BAD ITS A CAT...... BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:D:D:D:D:D LOL

Attachments

• Doo.jpg
    Doo.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 97

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He had a port and polished 800 HO with twin pipes.It went really well.It would beat my buddies Sled shed 860 big bore kit

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pics - there have been some pretty trick Mountain Magic painted hoods over the years. Speaking of nice paint has anyone seen that little chev s10 truck around sherwood park with the realistic flames all over and jessica rabbit on the tailgate - by far the best paint I have ever seen. I saw the truck once at Canadian tire and once at Rosie's bar.

Top Bottom