Inline Trailers

scully

Reaction score
I am very close to putting a deposit down on a new inline trailer. I am looking at a 7 wide 3 place. The questions I have is has anyone regreted going to an inline as apposed to the conventional? Did you lose storage space on the walls with cabinets being only 7 wide? Any brand advice? I am looking at the Legend brand. Thanks for all replys.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 7x23 Legend. Do I regret it? Not so far. Walking around the sleds is a little tricky and placing the sleds. But I only bought it last Marc, so I'm still learning as to what works and what doesn't. Ron (Firefly) is a great guy to deal with and would buy from him again.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You get three 162's in there with room to spare or is it super tight?
I'm looking at the same trailer and I only want upper cabinets and would go with the extra 6" of height but I want to be able to walk around the sleds when loading. I also want the flip down bed for the summer and wondered of it would need to come out in the winter to get three sleds in there.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 162, 156, and a 144. I have one upper cabinet that is in the V nose and one open cabinet for the super clamps on the side. I also went with the 6" extra height and a beaver tail in the back so the rhino can fit. I might have went a little bit longer next time. Does have room for bags in the back corner and some in the front corner by the door. Heres a pic. Pic doesn't show the cabinet in the v nose.

Attachments

• IMAG0115.jpg
    IMAG0115.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 315

Kruchy

Reaction score
How long is the one in the picture? What are you using for heat? I am looking at a 22 foot royal. I am wondering about width as well. As long as you can still get from font to back I am happy.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a 7 x 23... 5 foot V, 18 foot box. As for heat, there isn't a furnace in there.

7 wides pull nice and when driving, you can see right behind them.

Last edited:

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 7.5 x 28.5 and fit 4 163 no problem and pulls like a dream. I have lots of room for extra gear to. Good luck nice trailer zal........

Kruchy

Reaction score
So the inlines do pull better than the wider ones? Do you guys have any suggestions for portable heaters? Mr. Heater has some different set ups but not sure what would work best.

f7sp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought a 19' from ron last fall. awesome guy to deal with. wished i went bigger now but this'll do for now. i also use it for hauling bikes so kinda didn't want anything too big for travelling down south. but anyways the trailer so far works great, upgraded all the marker lights and interior lights with led. also added a webasto airtop heater that i'm gonna try. the trailer isn't insulated so we'll see. i'm sure it'll work fine.as far as space its a little tight , but enough room for a 155 assault and 153 proclimb, drive one in back one in. and a little room for gear at the front, hindsight i would've went 27. and as far as inlines go, they pull way easier than an 8'6. sure its nice to hang out in the trailer when ya come down off the hill, 8'6 and a nice heaters the ch!t. but when it comes to loading and travelling, it takes 20 minutes/half hr for everything to be ready to go, and sometimes 8 hrs drivin time. wheres most of your time spent?i drive trucks and cranes down the hwy that are 11' wide, so not afraid of the size, 7' just seems to work. besides your supposed to be relaxing not worried about stuff.on another note which will raise some concerns, i think anyone who doesn't have experience with driving tractor trailers should only be using a 7' wide anyway,. little off topic but oh well.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah chit...guess I better sell the holiday trailer. I don't drive a tractor trailer for a living. Back to tenting it I guess.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the inlines do pull better than the wider ones? Do you guys have any suggestions for portable heaters? Mr. Heater has some different set ups but not sure what would work best.

Unless you go gas, and spend $$$ just go with the radiant heaters that you see people with and when you get back to the rooms plug in for few hrs and good to go.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Allum trailers are just as important as the 7.5 wide also.........You can never stop is the problem always need more acc.....LOL

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
. .on another note which will raise some concerns, i think anyone who doesn't have experience with driving tractor trailers should only be using a 7' wide anyway,. little off topic but oh well.

I drove a big rig type tractor trailer once so would I be ok buying a wider trailer???

Reactions: zal

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys and pics. I am pretty much sold know on the 7 wides.
I use to have a 20' mirage and I now have a 28' continetal tour with a furnace in the unit and wow what a differance I would recomend go to a 28' and u won't need to buy another one and i've had this trailer for 4 yrs now with about 100,000 km on the trailer. The 28' is a little wider and I pull with a 2011 gm and I have no problems driving or parking so the mith that a 7' wide trailer is better I would't say it is. I found the 20' a little tight were as the 28' gives me alot more room and we can carry up to 5 162" sleds which is tight but 4 is great. But even with a wider trailer u will always fill it up so hopefully u find what u like but if u are carring 3 sleds or more go to the 28' u won't regret it .

f7sp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha ha, I threw the comments in at the end of my post just for a laugh by the way, as always, guys get all out of gear when stuff like that is brought up. But anyway as far as the trailer goes I'd buy one again just longer.

Top Bottom