Injured Snow Angel

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
WE HAVE A FALLEN ANGEL IN OUR PRESENCE:(........ TERRY BECK HIT SOME BAD BUMPS AND LANDED ON THE HANDLEBARS AWKWARDLY FRACTURING HER VERTEBRAE:eek: ON SUNDAY, JAN 19TH, DURING THE ST.PAUL IRON HORSE TRAIL MAP RIDE. SHE WAS IN THE HOSPITAL AND FINALLY RELEASED YESTERDAY.:eek: SHE WILL BE UNABLE TO SLED ETC. FOR 2 YEARS:eek: THE DOCTORS SAID. ALBERT'S BETTER HALF IS NOW RECOVERING AT HOME:(. THE "FOUND" PART OF "LOST" & "FOUND" WILL BE MISSED ON THE TRAILS.:( TERRY, OUR HEARTS ARE WITH YOU FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY..... GET BETTER SOON, EH;)..........

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very nice lady,sorry to hear that!
catmando!

live2ride

Reaction score
Website
www.kristy-martin.com
I am sorry to hear of her injury!! Quick and speedy recovery!! OMG 2 years...hopefully she heals better than they expect!!

Could've a tek vest prevented or lessened this injury? As I don't know the details......

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Visited her in the Hosiptal and she has recieved her clamshell support. Now she is a turtle with butterfly wings. To bad she did all here avalanche training and had a full winter booked with sled trips. Now to go buy a teck vest. I think as we get older that Teck Vests should be like a helmet always on. She sure stood up for snowmobiling when the doctors tried to tell her how dangerous they think it is. Right on Terry speedy recovery

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about any injury but to someone we know, even worse. Speedy recovery. That is another reason I will never be without my tekvest.

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was out on the iron horse last week end. The snow drifts are hard and unforgiving, and also hard to see. You can get bumping along pretty good in places.

Hate to hear stuff like this, it's even worse when it's someone you know. Sorry to both Terry and Albert. Hope Terry's recovery goes as well and speedy as possible.

found

Reaction score
Hi everyone, thanks for the comments. $#%# happens.
I had a front end wobble on crusty snow, let off on the throttle, the front end dug in and the rest is history. A tek vest may have helped, bailing may a been another good option, first thought, not so smart, was to save sled from damage. Sled survived better than me. The Iron Horse Ride was on Saturday the 19th and was very well done. I met the Doctor from St. Paul on Saturday at the Trail Lunch and went to see him at work on Sunday. The wipeout happened on Sunday the 20th in a wide open stubble field.
I have a T8 Stable Fracture (no surgery required), have to wear a clamshell brace(stage 2 tek vest) for minimum 3 months and no sledding for at least a year.
In the hospital in Edmonton anyone who made negative comments to me about sledding got blasted:realmad:
This injury could have happened to anyone anywhere, not just sledding. I hate that I was counted an another negative statistic.
Ride Safe & Protect yourself the Stage 2 tek vest sucks and is a lot more expensive

Lost

RIP Fallen Angel
Reaction score
Hi everyone, thanks for the comments. $#%# happens.
I had a front end wobble on crusty snow, let off on the throttle, the front end dug in and the rest is history. A tek vest may have helped, bailing may a been another good option, first thought, not so smart, was to save sled from damage. Sled survived better than me. The Iron Horse Ride was on Saturday the 19th and was very well done. I met the Doctor from St. Paul on Saturday at the Trail Lunch and went to see him at work on Sunday. The wipeout happened on Sunday the 20th in a wide open stubble field.
I have a T8 Stable Fracture (no surgery required), have to wear a clamshell brace(stage 2 tek vest) for minimum 3 months and no sledding for at least a year.
In the hospital in Edmonton anyone who made negative comments to me about sledding got blasted:realmad:
This injury could have happened to anyone anywhere, not just sledding. I hate that I was counted an another negative statistic.
Ride Safe & Protect yourself the Stage 2 tek vest sucks and is a lot more expensive
Protect your loved one too buy her a vest. Before this break I thought that loading the dishwasher was getting her a drink and laundry just sucks and the list goes on. She will ride again so all is well and it could have been a lot worse. So who has a Elite for sale this would be better for her back for the first little bit and I want one real bad. Suggested that we sell the girl sled and get some thing different that did not go over very good at all and we will not revisit selling the 1000 again. It sucks when you wife rides a bigger sled then you doo and every one points this fact out. Well back to the domestic dutys and hope for a very speedy recovery:)

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Good To See You're Takin' Good Care Of The Young Lady.... I Doo Wear A Tekvest Every Time I Go Sleddin, And Just Bought The Kids One Too...... You Just Never Know(ask Bbtoys, Barry, About His Ribs). Are You Sellin' The Big Red Girl(1000rt)??? How Much?

Top Bottom