injection oil question

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a friend who works at lordco told me about this stuff, ( i called him to check on prices for opti oils as i have never had an issue with it but just dose not pay to bring it in for my self since i have to pay freight, and lordco now sells opti oil if you want it.) but he told me to run royal purple.... he is claiming 100:1 in there motorcross bikes with no issues, has anyone ever used this stuff in there sleds?

i can get it for $48.00 per 4 liter jug

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Called Lordco in Kelowna and they want $75 for a gallon of Red Line Synthetic.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oil seems to be a personal choice. I have always ran amsoil, until this sled. Terry at T&T told me about Yamalube and with its price I run it in my Cat.

I would say most people never have had a problem with oils, as long as its getting oil you have no problems. I have never heard of any oil adding horsepower

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks guys, royal purple has been know for good oils i just never herd any reports of it. buddy said they use to use redline but have switched to royal purple. i always used opti in my race bikes back in the day. never had an engine failure. we did run castrol 925 or 927? was a sweet smelling oil but we had two-three engines go down on that oil. turns out the issue was the oil seperated in the gas once mixed. we did several tests from various gas stations in glass jars and the castrol only stayed mixed in chevron fuel. we tried going after castrol and other gas stations but nothing came from it. ended up going back to opti. just sucks it costs so much to bring up from vancouver. i guess ill stick with opti and buy it locally from another store.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
....I have never heard of any oil adding horsepower

I totally agree with the majority of your post - oil is a personal preference, give your engine enough and there normally isn't an issue.

For the last statement though, and while I don't think that it would add any HP in a sled application (at least nothing tangible and measureable) since its injected with fuel and not sitting in the bottom of the crankcase, Engine Masters did do a dyno test on a stroker motor a few years ago and the only thing they changed was oil. The Royal Purple oil made 9 more HP on the dyno, and this was replicated a number of times (they were surprised by it too). In a vehicle application oil apparently can add HP (well, not really "add" but just free up what is there already) due to less friction in the rotating assembly.

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i could not agree more with you on that comment modman. changing oils, lighter weight parts, electric water pumps will not make HP, just put less strain on engine allowing more power to the wheels/track/drive train.

Top Bottom