Info on Snow King Trailers....

dwillowguy

Reaction score
Thinking of buying a Snow King enclosed trailer and am looking for some feedback before I decide. Thinking of getting the 26 or 28 ft enclosed, 28 has the 6000 lb axles....but not sure if I need one that long. Any info or feedback would be nice.:)

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one 28ft unit with 5200# axles, the only thing that has been an issue is that the door seals are not very good, but of what i have read if you spray some wd40 on them they should be good to go, our group has put over 30000km on ours and it has been good to us. :beer::beer:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are talking about a Continental Cargo, Snow King, they aren't that bad a unit we had an 18' with the 4' V nose. They are actualy made by Forest River. The Plywood will get dirty between running quads and sleds in and out, but you can use deck wash to brighten it up. Vinyl walls are easy to clean up, and as far as door seals go, you can replace easily with Home Depot 3/4" and they will wear out in a couple of years and really not much you can do about it.
Ours had 3500lb axles and no issues with them but the brake wiring all had to be re-done after 3 yrs. It is a heavy poly coated wire and it appears to crack in cold weather, presumably from rocks. Ran contractors grade extension cord as a replacement, just using two wires and it should stand up a lot better.
If you've never had a cargo, keep the door hinges well greased, they take a beating from snow,rain, salt and gravel.
Similar finish to some of the supposed high end trailers but typically a lot cheaper. 26-28 ft are about $9400 from Fast Toys for boys if I remember their add correctly.
Hope that gives you some insight.:beer:

popeye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They one we have has at least 100000kms on it. this will be year ten. It gets used year round. it has 3500 # axles. it has been good but it does look like it has been well used. This fall we had to replace 5 cross members under the floor because they were cracked or broken right off. But i hauled a small john deere tractor in it a few times which probably caused the damage. If the trailer you are looking at has 6000# axles it is probably built heavier than the one I have. The pic is from last fall

Attachments

• IMG_0290.jpg
    IMG_0290.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 202

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very cute black cats they must have mated with your adult Artic Cat

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the 26ft with 2 3500lb axles 2 years ago, Very happy with it. Paid $8600 new right from Toys for Boys in Sask. Not as fancy as the higher end trailers, but it serves the purpose just as well, and a lot cheaper in price. Just been adding to the interior the last couple of days, 120v lights, shelves, heater, drink holdes, stuff like that.

gumbylee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They one we have has at least 100000kms on it. this will be year ten. It gets used year round. it has 3500 # axles. it has been good but it does look like it has been well used. This fall we had to replace 5 cross members under the floor because they were cracked or broken right off. But i hauled a small john deere tractor in it a few times which probably caused the damage. If the trailer you are looking at has 6000# axles it is probably built heavier than the one I have. The pic is from last fall

hey popeye is that the famous red barn from veg?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Be careful when buying the 3200 or 3500lb axles in a 28 ft...... If you ever put 5 sleds in the trailer plus gear, plus cabinets etc, you will be over the 7000lb gvwr of the trailer......... Just sayin'. I would look for the 5000lb axles in the bigger trailers for sure.

dwillowguy

Reaction score
Well thanks for all the info guy's, picked up the 28 ft snow king today from Davidson, Sask. It came with 5000lb axles and my truck pulled it home no problem 120-130km most of the way home (approx 450 clicks )....gotta love them cummins :). Now just waiting for some snow...:(. Weather outlook is saying these conditions into the second week of December.

Top Bottom