Info on Hope and Chatter?

xrsrev

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has been down the road yet or if they are plowing still? Where could a guy drive to and unload or ride the whole road in?

Thanx

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Winter is here. Chatter is responsible for the road now and ALWAYS plow to the 69km mark (their parking lot). I personally like parking at the gat around the 49km mark. That way if the rock cut slides during the day you only have to dig a 4' wide cut out and not a 10'er to get your truck through at the end of the day..... haha
That sucks!!!!
haha

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanx gsr! I have been in there before in the spring a couple od times but forgot where that tight spot was(the avy zone). At what km is the hope turn again. Thought it was 52 or 53? Is there much snow on the road to ride that far in? Is there much parking at 49 or should a guy just park at the harbour and ride in?

mcridge

Reaction score
There's usually not alot of space to park at the harbour unless chatter clears one. Max for 2 trucks. The hope turnoffs at 55-56km marker. Technically it's actually illegal to ride a sled on a ploughed logging road. I dont think that law gets obeyed to often. I'd just park at the hope turnoff and take my chances with the avy path. I've only seen it block the road totally once, after a very warm day and by the time i arived there others had already shovelled it out.

schoooled dweeb

Reaction score
just wondering what snow conditions are like up at Hope?
Anyone venture in there this past weekend?

I was up at susan lake on saturday ...snow was good enough for trail riding
but i didn't venture off into the trees...not a good idea yet

Nice to see Chatter has a nice truck with a big blade to do the road
can't wait to go back there in the spring

thanks in advance
Chris

Top Bottom