Info needed on coating pipe, y-pipe and can

Lanko

Reaction score
Thinking about coating my stock pipe(minus heat shield), mbrp can(looks ugly), and y-pipe does anybody have any experience in doing this and if so know of anyone in Edmonton who does it. I remember seeing a booth at the sled show last year but can't remember the name of the company, if I remember correctly it looked like they did pretty nice work. I am also assuming there is a difference between ceramic and normal powder coating, if so what is it?

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i can help you out with this, shoot me a pm and we can chat.:cool:

ski-doo

Reaction score
snow west in edmonton can send stuff out for ceramic coating

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking about coating my stock pipe(minus heat shield), mbrp can(looks ugly), and y-pipe does anybody have any experience in doing this and if so know of anyone in Edmonton who does it. I remember seeing a booth at the sled show last year but can't remember the name of the company, if I remember correctly it looked like they did pretty nice work. I am also assuming there is a difference between ceramic and normal powder coating, if so what is it?

Lanko, send it to impact coatings on the west end. nice work, quick turn around. 780 455 2628. ceramic is for heat, powder is day to day use. it wont make that 900 climb any higher, but at least it look shiny!LOL.

devil

Reaction score
impact coatings for sure, i just dropped my exhaust and turbo exhaust side there to get coated as well. they do good work and do LOTS of sled stuff. At the moment he said turn around on ceramic will be about a week.

As far as the differance, powdercoat isn't recomended for anything seeing over 400F as it can burn off with temps higher than that, the ceramic is made for the higher temps, i'm not sure how hot exactly its good for, but they do turbo exhausts and turbo exhaust housings so its pretty damn high i'm sure.

Impact Coatings Inc
15915 121A Avenue NW, Edmonton
Telephone : 780-455-2628

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as the differance, powdercoat isn't recomended for anything seeing over 400F as it can burn off with temps higher than that, the ceramic is made for the higher temps, i'm not sure how hot exactly its good for, but they do turbo exhausts and turbo exhaust housings so its pretty damn high i'm sure.

Impact Coatings Inc
15915 121A Avenue NW, Edmonton
Telephone : 780-455-2628
Actually JIT coatings in Calgary did my buddies 800 pipe and y-pipe in powder last year. They have a high temp powder coat and it held up the whole season no problem. We thought same as you, it would just burn off after a few long pulls but it never did. They can only do black though but maybe now they can do other colours. Give Derek a call at JIT Coatings, he is really fair with the pricing as well.

devil

Reaction score
thats what i was told at impact coatings yesterday. if there is a high temp powder coat then that much be something they (impact) don't carry i guess.

if i get asked about a coating place in calgary i'll remember that JIT place though.

Top Bottom