In reach

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it would be nice if a guy could pair his rino 650 to the old in reach without a screen... keeping up with tech gets old...

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow I'm pissed! Just bought an SE on boxing day as a few I had talked to in the industry said that they didn't see any new versions coming out and then Garmin releases them. Looks like the new ones have an actual GPS sized screen and I would have been able to combine two devices into one. fawk. Anyway if you want the old crap you can get it for under $300 shipped on amazon. Most sled shops charge out the ass for them just like they do with transceivers.
So they combined one with a GPS map 654 type deal?

Got a link, Google isn't helping me find it...

The ultimate would being able to see where your riding buddies are kind like on the Rinho. But they can't keep the radio off it, radio is weak.

Unless they put a GPS linked radio on it..... That would be bad ass :)

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like my inreach for texting when no cell service. Keep it high and dry in my sxs. My gps gets dirty and covered in mud and dust. Keeping the inreach clean and ready for emergency is important. A combined good gps and inreach sounds really good just worry about the dirt and mud. Sucks as I need a new gps this year and this comes out from Garmin. I will check it out might be a good way to go if I can keep it clean.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I like my inreach for texting when no cell service. Keep it high and dry in my sxs. My gps gets dirty and covered in mud and dust. Keeping the inreach clean and ready for emergency is important. A combined good gps and inreach sounds really good just worry about the dirt and mud. Sucks as I need a new gps this year and this comes out from Garmin. I will check it out might be a good way to go if I can keep it clean.

Ever think of staying out of the mud???????? Not a chance, eh?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So they combined one with a GPS map 654 type deal?

Got a link, Google isn't helping me find it...

The ultimate would being able to see where your riding buddies are kind like on the Rinho. But they can't keep the radio off it, radio is weak.

Unless they put a GPS linked radio on it..... That would be bad ass :)

Yes as in the link you posted you can get a full working Garmin GPS with the InReach built in.

So for those who do not have a good GPS and wanted an InReach this is a good option. They did a web release on this about a week ago. I said I was disappointed they didn't go as far as to add a Rino option to one. They said it may come down the road. I already have a Rino 650 and Inreach SE so its not worth it to me to upgrade to the new one, but if they do eventually combine all 3 options into what will likely be around $800 cdn I am sure at least the option will be there.

I leave my Inreach on tracking just about every ride. The important people can see where I am throughout the day. I use way less texts than come with the plan but oh well. I never pair it to my phone either as I don't text with it and even though I have the mapping option on my phone I use my Rino for mapping.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes as in the link you posted you can get a full working Garmin GPS with the InReach built in.

So for those who do not have a good GPS and wanted an InReach this is a good option. They did a web release on this about a week ago. I said I was disappointed they didn't go as far as to add a Rino option to one. They said it may come down the road. I already have a Rino 650 and Inreach SE so its not worth it to me to upgrade to the new one, but if they do eventually combine all 3 options into what will likely be around $800 cdn I am sure at least the option will be there.

I leave my Inreach on tracking just about every ride. The important people can see where I am throughout the day. I use way less texts than come with the plan but oh well. I never pair it to my phone either as I don't text with it and even though I have the mapping option on my phone I use my Rino for mapping.
Garmin paid alot of money for inreach, I am sure there is gonna be some exciting things to come.

Built in Sat phone should be cool too.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Garmin paid alot of money for inreach, I am sure there is gonna be some exciting things to come.

Built in Sat phone should be cool too.

Yeah I asked if they planed on using the Iridium Sat system for extending the Rino function distance so that it would end up being a pay per use, subscription type and they didn't respond. I hope it doesn't go that way. Right now having the ability to locate users on the Rino for free, tracking of the users and such is valuable. Maintaining the current Rino function with built in Inreach is all I would want.

The new Rino 750 screen is better than my 650. It runs around $700 and pops up on sale cheaper a few times already. The Inreach components without a screen and button pad are not to large, I am sure it would fit if integrated to the existing 750 body.

Top Bottom