In-Reach Satellite Communicators at Cycle Works West

Cycle Works West

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.cycleworks.com
New to our showroom floor, we are now carrying the latest and greatest version of "spot" called the In Reach. Available with two way communication you're able to text and receive texts back with this device allowing you to explain your situation if help is needed, check-in at the end of the day or just send your buddies pictures of how the riding is! Perfect for anywhere there is no reception. No roaming charges, no activation fees, pick the plan that is suitable for you. Special Christmas offer allows you one free month of service and a mail in rebate of $79.95. Product retails at $319.00

Come down and see for yourself at Cycle Works West, corner of Hwy 16 (yellowhead) and Hwy 60 (Devon) In the Acheson Industrial Park, 780-960-1920

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 381

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought the same one at gibbons Motorsports for $310 plus I got the $79.95 bonus as well

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does this still send/receive texts using a US number? Meaning whoever you send all those texts to gets dinged on their bill? Otherwise I am really interested in one of these for this season.

Cycle Works West

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.cycleworks.com
In Reach uses the Iridium network unlike most other satellite communicators meaning there are no black out zones anywhere on earth. There are no annual contracts, you can switch plans anytime and you can suspend services in the off-season. You can pick a plan that is suitable for you, if you spend 29.95 on their "chat plan" you can send 100 texts and track 25; you can also spend up to 49.95 on their "expedition plan" and send 250 texts and have unlimited tracking. The plan is completely up to you based on how often and for what you're planning on using it most for, think of it like your cell phone. I have a call into in-reach to see who pays for what to better answer your question and get some more information, when i hear i will let you know but it is showing that Delorme (who you set your device up with) serves US and European customers.

Cycle Works West

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.cycleworks.com
That was quick! He just contacted me back and said that yes it is a US Number, depending on who you're texting (if the recipient has a US/Canadian plan) through their service provider will be the deciding factor on how much they pay on their bill. Like he said too, you can avoid all the texting if you want and simply send e-mails back and forth using the devise(s) to avoid any additional fees. Hopefully this has helped you!

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
It is true you have a US number so there is a cost for all that chat, this is a safety devise first and foremost and one that works head and shoulders above spot which I had for 3 years and was spotty and took for ever to send messages. With the inreach the way to save money is if you have two in your group you can message back and forth between them for free...this is the best part for sledding, dirt biking etc, where your party might split in two smaller groups or if someone goes back early as they can let you know they are back at the truck. Here are two vids on it and the second on how fast it sends...I have been using inreach for 2 years now and tested the inreach SE, I spend a lot of time in the backcountry(almost every day) and use to use nothing, now though I would not travel without it...if the crap hits the fan, or your going to be late, there is no excuse not to let someone know, to avoid a search and rescue call unnecessarily.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have one set up in store as a demo to look at?

Cycle Works West

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.cycleworks.com
We do have them on our showroom floor yes, none of them are activated but definitely come down and check them out, we have full information pamphlets that you're more than welcome to take and read up on.

Top Bottom