in need of a bottom end for a rev xrs

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sold my sled to a guy who blew up the motor after a couple weeks. and insisted i knew it was going to blow up.
so in order to avoid a fist fight im buying it back and now i need a motor.

i could use just the bottom end and i will rebuild the top end. if you dont have one, but if you know someone who might.
the hard part is it was a engine tech 860 ...any help would be great thanks.

its a 2007 rev xrs 800
2013-11-10 14.19.01.jpg

Last edited:

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sold my sled to a guy who blew up the motor after a couple weeks. and insisted i knew it was going to blow up.
so in order to avoid a fist fight im buying it back and now i need a motor.

i could use just the bottom end and i will rebuild the top end. if you dont have one, but if you know someone who might.
the hard part is it was a engine tech 860 ...any help would be great thanks.

its a 2007 rev xrs 800

i believe "sold as is" but that was awful nice of u.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta love the general public's sense of entitlement. Good on you for being the better man and avoiding unnecessary conflict but still I agree with powder junkie, used means sold as is where is....some people need to get that in there head. /rant

do you think the bottom end went b/c of the clearance issues with the crank that the 07s had?....I ask just out of curiosity as I did some research on 07s when I was looking for sleds.

Anywho, I noticed you have duraflex scratchers. I am running those on my sled to but on the left side I think it is it looks like the scracther 'arm' has dug into the track. How high up did you drill the hole for the scratchers?

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta love the general public's sense of entitlement. Good on you for being the better man and avoiding unnecessary conflict but still I agree with powder junkie, used means sold as is where is....some people need to get that in there head. /rant

do you think the bottom end went b/c of the clearance issues with the crank that the 07s had?....I ask just out of curiosity as I did some research on 07s when I was looking for sleds.

Anywho, I noticed you have duraflex scratchers. I am running those on my sled to but on the left side I think it is it looks like the scracther 'arm' has dug into the track. How high up did you drill the hole for the scratchers?
To be honest I believe the crank wasn't touched. I bought it used around 4000 miles the big bore had about 1500 miles on it and I sold it 6000miles. I was told when I bought it the crank was stock.
I sold it for 4500 with the person knowing it was high mileage. I would really hate to part it out.

The hole was there already...but yea may be to high.

Top Bottom