Important news!!!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seems that the County By-law guys are now looking to target the trail system. Anyone riding better "STAY ON THE TRAIL"

A couple out riding a couple of weeks ago got a ticket for off trail riding. Not good

I am getting a meeting started to get the by-law guys undercontrol. Must be slow for them now they are giving OUR trail riders a hard time.

Make sure you have ALL your paperwork and a Trail Pass or they will get after you. $$$$$$$ in fines

The Fort Saskatchewan Snow Angels Trail System is best used as a nice easy FAMILY RIDE area. Those looking to explore and pack down all the snow they can see will be causing issues with the local landowners.
Those that want to come out and ride all over and not respect the trail please head to crown land for your fix.

Sorry for having to be the guy telling you what to do BUT the trail and its future is in your hands. Respect the trail rules or WE ALL LOSE the trail.

Thanks for your co-operation in the future.

Swiper

Reaction score
ok glen

are the play area's off limits now?

did these people have all of there paperwork?

have you talked to the bylaw people yet?

happy now LOL

scooter580

Reaction score
is the trail all posted with stakes now? Last time I went north and west from the lot, there was alot of by guess and by golly as to where the trail went...I'm sure all the sled tracks going different directions didn't help either....

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I trust the County Wanna Be's have trail passes to be on the trail. If not they should be in line for a trespassing fine! Check it out Glen.

• Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Trail marked alright had guys out last night all ok
The by-law guy did NOT have trail passes so you are right trespassers.

I have had a couple of talk already to county officials and asked for those tickets to be cancelled. She said she will talk to By-lawless dudes.
The fight is on. Will keep all posted

So in the meantime stay close to the trail you may never know who is out there.

We have been riding for 20 yrs out there and now they come looking. Not Good

PDQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All of a sudden these "guys" think they can hand out tickets for whatever they want??? Who the #*@% makes up these rules anyway???:nono: I understand that if someone is riding illegaly or generally making an ass of him or her self that they need to be informed of proper eticate(spelling) But we have been riding prety much the same trailes here for many years and now we have to put up with this sh#*@:confused::confused:

• Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Meeting set for Feb 7 at 8:30. Seems I will be missing some work again. Should be able to work something out on what they are looking for and what we are doing. Interesting to see what they have to say.

Will keep you all informed

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Meeting set for Feb 7 at 8:30. Seems I will be missing some work again. Should be able to work something out on what they are looking for and what we are doing. Interesting to see what they have to say.

Will keep you all informed
Is there any message I can relay to my Councilor, Jacquie Fenske prior to the meeting? Maybe she can talk to someone there prior to the meeting to add some weight to the situation. I met her last week and she seems somewhat reasonable. I've talked to her before via telephone and email about this.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the interest. Jaquie is a good person and is reaaly helping us out best she can. Will keep all you updated after the meeting

apollo

Reaction score
Thanks. I did notice a few guys on Sunday travelling what I thought was off limits. We don't want to lose the privelledge that these land owners have given us!!!!!!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We have a NEW ISSUE now. Seems the friendly county grader operator has gone into the trail closing business. Ran into a huge wall of snow tonight grooming. Guess I will pass my concerns over to Jaquie
1st pic Trail heading north
2nd pic Looking south at the snow pile
3rd pic bank from the road that is to high to climb with the groomer

Will need to bring helpers and shovels Thursday night.

Attachments

• P2020453.jpg
    P2020453.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 133
  • P2020458.jpg
    P2020458.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 127
  • P2020455.jpg
    P2020455.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 139

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How is the new groomer working out ??? Haven't been on trail for a while so don't know..

Great if I can get to the trail to groom. Come out tonight or come with us again this weekend to Flatbush. Leaving from McGraths house

PDQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be there tonite But Flatbush will not be on my adjenda as I have to get Mother goose out for a ride this week-end:waterskiing::snowmobilers_wave::snowmobilers_wave:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What a difference a day makes. Thanks PDQ and Player for doing a little shovel work tonight. Fixed the trail right up and worked on some road crossings as well. Got past the snow pile and did some more grooming.

Thanks Guys and all willing to help. Was nice to see the PMs offering help.

Attachments

• P2020453.jpg
    P2020453.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 61
  • P2020458.jpg
    P2020458.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 64
  • P2030464.jpg
    P2030464.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 60
  • P2030463.jpg
    P2030463.jpg