Importance of using a teather strap

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, polaris wont even put the 6$ one on so........maybe try BRP

Polaris knows most guys that have tethers don't use them so they have decided if you want it just ask your dealer to add it when you buy the sled. Why pay for it if you refuse to use it? This is true about most accessories. Why pay for it if you don't want it?

e.g. handle bar guards, heavy belt guards that have fancy venting, electric start, windshields, snow flaps, etc.

Some of these are very valuable to some and not so much for others.

Now when it comes to a liability issue, I am surprised that the legal department at Polaris has not identified that not installing tethers could set them up for a law suite.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hope u have a good patent
They are starting to outsource more stuff like the other manufacturers are doing now. They sell Super Clamps and glide products from Randall although it took awhile for him to get in the system. I think a lot of his issues were pricing and BRP was as the making enough points to sell them to dealers.

Bikeswithtrax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode with a tether on one sled, it got caught by a tree branch climbing a hill, and I was really damn stuck. Never used one since then to avoid it happening again.
But this cordless device sounds like a good option and now knowing about it I will look into it more.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode with a tether on one sled, it got caught by a tree branch climbing a hill, and I was really damn stuck. Never used one since then to avoid it happening again.
But this cordless device sounds like a good option and now knowing about it I will look into it more.

Was it connected to your jacket (body) or your wrist like Carl recommends?

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brother had his hooked to jacket zipper pull and broke the zipper in a roll over ... Loop around left wrist works well - fewer tangles and easier to use when needed as the lanyard is literally close at hand...
Only caution is when off the sled I take it off my wrist before helping anyone to get unstuck - would not want stray end to get hooked in a spinning track ...

Top Bottom