I'm not a rookie .. I used the search .. but hear me out already ...

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was gonna say that your first one worked like a chrm just lacked the understorage, but was cheap and pretty fawking slick...

pretty sure it's still sitting in my yard....lol
The two trailer balls Plio borrowed from you can be found in the spring in HIS yard. Refer to picture 1 if you need to know where to chip....

Reaction score
Single Hauler 5.5' Deck - For Full Size Trucks with 5.5' to 6.5' Boxes
Includes 5.5' Single Hauler, 2x Telescopic 8' Ramps,
1x Folding "Track" Ramp, Width Adjustable Trays for Over-Width ATVs

$995 we have 2 in stock 866 440 6800

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother reversed his sled off the back of a trailer once. He won't do that ever again.
When the front end came down, he went forward over the bars and pinned the throttle wide open. Ever see a guy showing off, full speed in reverse through a parking lot? He's probably not showing off.

There's this..
I've also found plans on the web for a homemade tilting ramp that slides into the bed once the sled is on the ramp. There used to be some ads on kijiji for a hardware kit and instructions to build your own.

I did that once with the throttle. But was quick enough to get on the brake. I don't stand up as much as I used to when unloading.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just bite the bullet and get a trailer buddy....Nice 8.5x12 with salt shields and a cover on the sled then you will still have your box. Ive used my trailer for more then just sleds they are handy to have especially if you build some side walls for hauling other misc goods.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did that once with the throttle. But was quick enough to get on the brake. I don't stand up as much as I used to when unloading.
Yaaaaa...the stand-up is a bad plan....loading or unloading. Loading: knocked cold on the top of the trailer opening. Fun. Unloading: bumper kiss at mach 90 in reverse then layin and twitching in the back alley hoping no neighbor saw me. Fun.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yaaaaa...the stand-up is a bad plan....loading or unloading. Loading: knocked cold on the top of the trailer opening. Fun. Unloading: bumper kiss at mach 90 in reverse then layin and twitching in the back alley hoping no neighbor saw me. Fun.

I dont mean to laugh at your misfortune but thats pretty funny haha

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Single Hauler 5.5' Deck - For Full Size Trucks with 5.5' to 6.5' Boxes
Includes 5.5' Single Hauler, 2x Telescopic 8' Ramps,
1x Folding "Track" Ramp, Width Adjustable Trays for Over-Width ATVs

$995 we have 2 in stock 866 440 6800

Have a link or is it on ur site?

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really like your idea .. mostly cause the tailgate can be up when not in use
but doesnt help me w my storage at all .. which I need
when i go to the cabin I have my 2 kiddies and wifey w me
also have a boat lod of gear to haul ....

So a used roll-up Tonneau cover when the deck is folded up and haul all of your boatload to the cabin on top of the deck! problem solved

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TRUCKBOSS 7 Base with a 10' Fat Ramp, Ramp Bar and Carbide Kit is $3650
Sealed Storage
Unlimited Tie down points
Fully Anodized
All Aluminum Extrusion Construction
and the Base TRUCKBOSS is easily upgrade-able if you decide to have expandable sides in the future
View attachment 141010
Base Deck in the photo is a TRUCKBOSS 6 Base with a Cab Guard ($230) and Base Extension ($195)

If you have any questions please phone us toll free 866 440 6800 or visit our website Truckboss Modular Aluminum Sled & ATV Truck Decks
what did that guy do to his raptor?those trucks aint supposed to cary any weight are they?Did he put air bags in ?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your truck will haul a deck u just have to watch your weight, 1 sled should be fine, 2 will be over with gear, equipment and extra guy. but one sled should be ok, make sure your tires are sized right.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can't decide how im going to haul the Freeride around
I have a 2012 Nissan Titan w a short box (5'7") payload is 1760lbs or so
I bought a brand new sled this yr, so I m trying to be economical on the hauling device (aka dont wanna spend an arm and a leg on something)

I really dont want a trailer ... and loading the sled in the back of my truck is an option, but a PITA by yourself .. and leaves little room for gear etc when I have the family w me
I have thought about a deck, but have a few concerns about the weight
I would only EVER haul 1 sled on it, two isnt safe nor is it an option

I have thought about a REVARC ramp, but any ramp in general is just taking up more space

uugghh .....

Im going to have to buy a trailer ... aren't I? ..... :realmad:

anyone else have an idea I may have missed> ???

I have a single sled deck on my 1/2 ton, no issues with the one sled for weight, I'm no where near payload. Deck is nice because no need for extra storage room to keep the trailer, I leave mine on all year and still able to keep my truck in the garage at -25 below. It gives a nice secure place to store stuff and keeps the covers/fuel etc nice and dry when you're out riding, no coming back to the truck to find some a-hole stole your fuel etc. Just toss it in and go.

Find a nice used aluminum deck on kijiji and just bolt the sides in, then you get a good ramp with it as well. You will spend as much on a deck as you do on a trailer, no need for reg and insurance on the deck though. And much easier to manipulate in the parking lots or late season riding when the snow starts melting. I'm sure it works for him but Plio's ramp looks a little steep for me, I splurged and bought the Marathon 11' slide out ramp, angle is great and no issue, just pull it out and drive the sled up, push ramp in and off you go. Might seem like it limits space under the deck but I just raised my deck enough that when the ramp is in I have 1" of clearance for 5 gal jerry cans etc. Deck still hugs the box nicely and keeps the road spray out.

I got 2 little ones and when we head to the lake in the summer, I fill under the deck and then usually strap some toys to the deck, this is the only time it gets a little limited, when you have something big to haul (like if you are moving a fridge and can't lay it down).

Tease

Reaction score
rampUntitled.jpg
Not sure how this would work but the price is right.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would search for a small enclosed maybe a 7 X 14 that your truck would handle, sometimes it takes awhile to find what you need. With the enclosed you get storage and keeps the truck free for the family. Good luck.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would search for a small enclosed maybe a 7 X 14 that your truck would handle, sometimes it takes awhile to find what you need. With the enclosed you get storage and keeps the truck free for the family. Good luck.

An enclosed is out of the question
dont have the storage for it and trying to avoid a trailer if possible

Top Bottom