Im looking for info and advice about gunsmith training.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been looking around the internet but cant find much im really thinking of trying to train and be a gunsmith would it be a good job i have a intrest in guns and would like to change my job at some point. What are the wadges like for a gunsmith i think it would be a intresting job unlike mine i looked at sait collage in calgary and they do offer a basic course thank you for any advise john.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been looking around the internet but cant find much im really thinking of trying to train and be a gunsmith would it be a good job i have a intrest in guns and would like to change my job at some point. What are the wadges like for a gunsmith i think it would be a intresting job unlike mine i looked at sait collage in calgary and they do offer a basic course thank you for any advise john.

I don't imagine that the pay is that great but the working conditions would be in a warm building is my guess

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
about minimum wage. There isn't a huge market for gunsmiths. Most people will replace their guns rather than spend any amount of money of them. Another problem is all your buddies will expect you to work for free.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you would pretty much have to open a gun shop and offer the gunsmithing as a service. even then It might be a tough go of it.

Top Bottom