If grooming didn't

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never rode on a groom trail to the mountains EVER,I'm starting to think i'm miss'n something O wait No i'm not, keeps the show boaters and parking lot possers away LMAO

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like not to many of you riders know what it cost to groom, pay someone to work booth, pay someone to keep cabins trails and watch bondaries for out of bounds riders and most of all the time and money when people have to go out of thier area to go to meetings to fight for the rights for us to ride in these areas. Just ask curtis how much time and money it cost to operate varda so we have an area. I have been riding 21 yrs up in vale and the areas have gotten smaller. Same in revy, and golden So your 20 bucks doesn't just cover trail. So when you pay 20 and the trail is not like a hi-way, then go play on hi-way.

Actually, by the terms of every management agreement in the Province you're not allowed to use trail pass fees to send people to meetings. I've spent at least the last 15 years attending meetings that damn near turned into fist fights, so I agree it's a huge cost & extremely important but....you're not supposed to be doing it with trail pass money. That money is supposed to be used only for grooming, clearing, and maintenance of equipment. :D

"FEES

Persons snowmobiling at an enhanced recreation trail are required to purchase an enhanced trail pass as per Section 22 of the Forest Recreation Regulation when the trails are groomed and maintained for snowmobiling.

User Fee Collection

1. In accordance with this Agreement, the Agreement Holder will be permitted to collect user fees based upon the following conditions:

a. The Agreement Holder must be a society in good standing registered under the Society Act of BC.
b. The Regional Manager must be satisfied that the provision of service on the trail justifies a fee and then determine the user fee. Any changes to the user fee structure will require a written determination by the Regional Manager.
c. All funds raised through the collection of user fees must be entirely applied to expenses incurred by the Agreement Holder for the maintenance of the agreement area for the direct benefit of those paying the user fee."

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I've never rode on a groom trail to the mountains EVER,I'm starting to think i'm miss'n something O wait No i'm not, keeps the show boaters and parking lot possers away LMAO

I don't know if I envy you or not. The only way to reach our riding areas of choice is to use the groomed trail(no we can't sneak through the bush to get to the top either). I can access other riding areas in the area without riding groomed trails but the main area is groomed.

The moguls were so big (someone has already mentioned the 3' deep x 3' apart and some days in the spring I'm sure on could change those numbers to 4's!) and riding so slow and uncomfortable that a groomer was considered. We have never looked back and wished for the olden days.

The groomed trails sure make a tow job a piece of cake these days compared to the days of ol'......

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahaha look at all the folks talking about the good old days. how their memories have faded with time hey Doug! I have never wished for the "Good Old Days' either, half the reason you didn't have whooped out trails is because the tracks had 3/4" lugs on them and a "big" machine was 500 cc's.....top speed was a whopping 35 mph. As one guy mentioned, you spent all day getting to the Boulder Cabin. 1978 Everest, took 2 guys all day once a year punching in 8 kms uphill to the old sawmill in our area. Now that same hill is a 15-20 min ride. Too many "throttle down" riders these days, on the trails or off the trails, doesn't matter, the trails (groomed or not) would stay in better shape if some people actually learned how to ride. Grooming has opened up new areas to our sport too, areas that you never would have and made it into years ago just strictly because of distance are now only a 1/2 hr ride away. Grooming has also made the sport more family-friendly.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember the two hour ride getting into the Renshaw.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Then coming back out.

Top Bottom