idling issues on supercharged nytro

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you adjust the idle on a nytro. Im running a mpi super and at idle it's about 1250-1300? need to be 1700-1800 I understand so where do I start. Also while were at it where is a safe a/f level to run on a four stroke at wot?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There should be an idle screw on the linkage where the throttle cable attaches to the throttle bodies, but I can't for the life of me remember if you can get at it on that sled without sliding the gas tank back. Devon put the trail tank back on it, so it may or may not be accessible now.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought you would access it from the front...exsaust exits the back right. Need to have a better look and perhaps pull the inter cooler out .

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As already mentioned the adjuster screw is located next to the throttle cable and access is on the fuel tank side of the motor.
Your A/F ratio should be around 13-14:1. 14.7 is optimal. If your reading 16 your lean, if your reading 11 your rich.
At idle i see around 13:1, while on cruise i can see 16:1, so i fluctuate the throttle to rich'n the mix. At WOT i see 12-13:1.
Hope that helps, all on 94oct with 16lb boost. No race fuel mix.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought you would access it from the front...exsaust exits the back right. Need to have a better look and perhaps pull the inter cooler out .

Nope. It's definitely on the gas tank side of the engine. Pulling the intercooler is just going to gain you some practice in pulling the intercooler. :)

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol thanks. I'm busy enough so practicing a re and re is not what I need.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll likely have to adjust your co settings as well. I found out worked better than adjust the fuel box.

Top Bottom