Ice Scratchers on an M

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up a few sets of scratchers at the sled show for the M's. The only place to mount them looks to be where the front wheels on the skid are. I dont think the wheels should come off, wont that cause MORE wear to the sliders without them? This is what it looks like. If there is a better place to mount these, I sure would appreciate some input. :d

Attachments

• Mares Scratchers.jpg
    Mares Scratchers.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I picked up a few sets of scratchers at the sled show for the M's. The only place to mount them looks to be where the front wheels on the skid are. I dont think the wheels should come off, wont that cause MORE wear to the sliders without them? This is what it looks like. If there is a better place to mount these, I sure would appreciate some input. :d

Plio is asking the same questions...

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score

AH HA....someone else asking about this....i have the same problem.....bought the same ones mare...wondering if its possible to just drill out new holes for it

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 283

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wouldnt remove those front wheels,I have a set and havnt had time to install them yet but I kinda sized it up,You will have to drill holes for the bolt as well as the spring,Looks like they will fit so the large idler wheel will kind of drop down right in betwwen the front and back of the scratcher.just make sure when you install them leave room for when the track compresses so the wheel dosnt hit the scratcher.Will know more after I have em on though.
catmando!

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I just bought an 09 M8 and was gonna have a look at Terrys next weekend..I was wondering what hole to use as well...

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
that's a big hole if you have to drill to accommodate the spring as well

I wouldnt remove those front wheels,I have a set and havnt had time to install them yet but I kinda sized it up,You will have to drill holes for the bolt as well as the spring,Looks like they will fit so the large idler wheel will kind of drop down right in betwwen the front and back of the scratcher.just make sure when you install them leave room for when the track compresses so the wheel dosnt hit the scratcher.Will know more after I have em on though.
catmando!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The large hole is for the bolt and the small hole is for the tip of the spring,it makes it easier ti put them where you want them and in this case you are limited,I have always drilled both holes! then you get em where you want em!
catmando!

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
09's have a predrilled hole behind the front idler

belch22

Reaction score
This is where the dealership installed mine..... 2008 M8.....

Attachments

• sled3.JPG
    sled3.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 267

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did some SURFING and found this on ANOTHER nameless site..NOTE.. this price may be US $$. :d

Mounting Ice Scratcher Behind Idler Wheel

Not sure if anyone has done this yet, but there has been a lot of discussion on whether to keep the idler wheel on or where to mount the scratchers. So I picked up the adapter from SLP for $20 that seems to solve both discussions. It was very easy to install, but I did have to go buy a couple 3/8 x 3/8 spacers for the shock mount bolt since I didn't want to cut the bolt. This is on a '06 M7.

So I just thought I would share the pictures with everyone.

Attachments

• P101005.jpg
    P101005.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 268
  • P1010057.jpg
    P1010057.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 261
  • P1010058.jpg
    P1010058.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 260

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on my 2010 theyre predrilled but my previous M's i just drilled them myself as well

greenlightning86

Reaction score
I was trying to find this out last year and here is a picture that someone sent me, I finally put mine on last weekend in the same spot.

Attachments

• 36577d1257964763-ice-scratchers-08-m8-scrachers-002.jpg
    36577d1257964763-ice-scratchers-08-m8-scrachers-002.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 193

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so is there pre drilled holes on the 09 M8's?? I just got a set so just wondering don't really want to drill holes if i don't need to.

krash

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys i had them on my M8 and I NOTICED there where rubbing through the rails so I took them off. till spring!! just my 2cents

Top Bottom