Ice Road Truckers ....anybody else watchin ??

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats Charlies hill and it aint that bad ...I pulled Super B tankers up that very hill and never spun out ...that guy made 2 mistakes ...you have to hit the bottom of that hill doing at least 30 klicks ....very seldom blows out ....thats why the grader builds that one up ...cause it is steep ...then he put one set on after spiinin out ...should have never have dug soo deep ..now it is screwed for every other truck coming that day until it freezes...the lake before Charlies hill isn't that overly big so you have to hit it hard..

heres a couple of pics from a previous year ..

ice1.jpg

ice2.jpg

ice3.jpg

those are the guys you want to stuff into the holes they make. It's sad that they let a driver with that little exp. drive up there. I'm pretty sure he's a real popular guy up there now............if he is still there.

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those are the guys you want to stuff into the holes they make. It's sad that they let a driver with that little exp. drive up there. I'm pretty sure he's a real popular guy up there now............if he is still there.

just listeninin to his excuses made me wanna puke ......guy should stay on the 401 ..

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not many years ago buddies come back and tell stories long stetches of -50 , or was that just bs

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not many years ago buddies come back and tell stories long stetches of -50 , or was that just bs

you wanna see -56 ...-63 been there done that ..you don't move ..you sit and perculate ...keep her runnin ...thats about it ..make sure air leaks don't happen and hope for it to warm up to -45 ..then you leave ....just to get to a warmer spot ..other than that ...its one big idle ...don't even think about movin ...airlines between truck and trailer snap like twiggs...ch!t does not like -56 trust me niether do I .. I still have my belly tarp on and my winter front close at hand

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you wanna see -56 ...-63 been there done that ..you don't move ..you sit and perculate ...keep her runnin ...thats about it ..make sure air leaks don't happen and hope for it to warm up to -45 ..then you leave ....just to get to a warmer spot ..other than that ...its one big idle ...don't even think about movin ...airlines between truck and trailer snap like twiggs...ch!t does not like -56 trust me niether do I .. I still have my belly tarp on and my winter front close at hand

can't even imagine

Rookie

Reaction score
I cant agree more with the number 6, seem they give anyone a licence now a days. I drove truck for 12 years been in Mexico, every state except Hawaii and coast to coast in good old Canada. Driving through a lot of sh*tty weather there is including twisters and mid west ice storms. Never been up to the diamond mines though. Have a buddy that worked at divak and there were a lot of cut backs and they have scaled back there operation bug time. Would really like a chance to get to run the ice roads. Think it would be a good experience as long as you respect the environment that you are in.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant agree more with the number 6, seem they give anyone a licence now a days. I drove truck for 12 years been in Mexico, every state except Hawaii and coast to coast in good old Canada. Driving through a lot of sh*tty weather there is including twisters and mid west ice storms. Never been up to the diamond mines though. Have a buddy that worked at divak and there were a lot of cut backs and they have scaled back there operation bug time. Would really like a chance to get to run the ice roads. Think it would be a good experience as long as you respect the environment that you are in.

good on ya , don't like ice even under my sled , nerves wouldn't handle under truck

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Been there...done that...got the t-shirt...T-shirt was from Harleys in Yellowknife.Does that count?

Top Bottom