Ice Road Truckers ....anybody else watchin ??

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man I am gettin the itch big time ..haven't been on that run since 2004 ...startin to twitch :eek:

pretty funny how that retard spun out on Charlies Hill and dug a hole to China ..like what an idiot ..can't believe he didn't split his trains or at least put a another set of triples on ... :rant:

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man I am gettin the itch big time ..haven't been on that run since 2004 ...startin to twitch :eek:

pretty funny how that retard spun out on Charlies Hill and dug a hole to China ..like what an idiot ..can't believe he didn't split his trains or at least put a another set of triples on ... :rant:

what percentage of guy's / girls that hold a class one are actual truckers ????????:confused:

elephant rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what percentage of guy's / girls that hold a class one are actual truckers ????????:confused:

I can't say that I have an erge to do any long haul but it would be sweet to truck for team blackfoot or monster and do the mx circuit. yess.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I hold a class one. haven't used it in years. Keepin' it up because you never know when you might need it. I've been in some situations but I think that it is safe to say, "Once a trucker always a trucker". My wife always asks why I fall short of the stop line when I see a truck making a turn. I always respond. I used to drive one I know how much room he needs. They always give me a nod of approval. I think that if everyone had to drive a rig before they could drive a car or pickup, our roads would be a lot safer. Too many idiots out there that don't have respect for the big rigs.
H2snow hats off to you, good luck in your new endeavors.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had my class one for five years thinking Im the real deal driving circles locally around the city and then I took a job running the Crowsnest pass in the winter back and forth to Spokane and Seattle,The following winter was the Rogers Pass from Innisvale to Vancouver.Ever since then Ive said, You Aint No Trucker Till you run the mountains in the Winter.Was offered a Job on the Ice Roads this year but had to turn it down because of timing,mayby next year!Your guys Percentage is oh so accurate!
Hats off To all the Ice Road Truckers!
Hope to experience it one Day!
catmando!

rare breed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
havnt run over the road or oilfield for about 20 years,average 100,00 per year,home most nights.gvw is 150,000 pounds. does all this count as a real truck driver?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IRT is an interesting show for sure, but they way over do it on making like it's so dangerous.

H2, which company did you run for up in YK? I have a few friends still running the ice up there, season's almost over now. If they get 20 loads each this year, they'll be lucky. Already seeing empty super-B's getting hauled south, many trucks have already been released. The ice road is due to be closed on March 22nd.

Tli Cho '09 season hat....
pics169Small.jpg

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IRT is an interesting show for sure, but they way over do it on making like it's so dangerous.

H2, which company did you run for up in YK? I have a few friends still running the ice up there, season's almost over now. If they get 20 loads each this year, they'll be lucky. Already seeing empty super-B's getting hauled south, many trucks have already been released. The ice road is due to be closed on March 22nd.

Tli Cho '09 season hat....
pics169Small.jpg

the last time I was up there I ran Super B tankers for Sidhu...I'll try and find some pics .. we were leased to RTL

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would not even consider running the ice roads. Leased to an American company from 89 to 98, pulling a 53 foot stepdeck. Been to both oceans in both countries and from the Mexican line in the sand to Alaska. My hat is off to those guys running up there. Gave up the road life when I met my wife. I'd rather loose the truck than her.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The company that I work for supply structural steel for 3diamond mines up
north talk about tight deadlines when your dealing ice road.my understanding
their was about 6000 loads sat in HayRiver wait for the Iceroad. What guy does a buck.NUTS

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The company that I work for supply structural steel for 3diamond mines up
north talk about tight deadlines when your dealing ice road.my understanding
their was about 6000 loads sat in HayRiver wait for the Iceroad. What guy does a buck.NUTS

alls I know is Ventures already sent over 30 trucks south last week and most of our guys didn't even get to go this year at all ..

cutting back everywhere...

very mild right now and they don't expect it to hold out much longer ..all that with a late start ..

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Yup try to watch it all the time....apparently that casacade driver can't back up supers looks like he was getting folded up trying to back down then decides to go trenching. In his defence looked like an ugly spot just coming off the ice no speed all you can do is put it in the basement and crawl then if there is no baffles in that trailer all the weight runs to the back and you have no weight on the drives to claw your way up. I have guys with straight gut trailers offroad quite a bit with everything chained up and still have to spin around and back up the hills in order to climb them.

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup try to watch it all the time....apparently that casacade driver can't back up supers looks like he was getting folded up trying to back down then decides to go trenching. In his defence looked like an ugly spot just coming off the ice no speed all you can do is put it in the basement and crawl then if there is no baffles in that trailer all the weight runs to the back and you have no weight on the drives to claw your way up. I have guys with straight gut trailers offroad quite a bit with everything chained up and still have to spin around and back up the hills in order to climb them.

Thats Charlies hill and it aint that bad ...I pulled Super B tankers up that very hill and never spun out ...that guy made 2 mistakes ...you have to hit the bottom of that hill doing at least 30 klicks ....very seldom blows out ....thats why the grader builds that one up ...cause it is steep ...then he put one set on after spiinin out ...should have never have dug soo deep ..now it is screwed for every other truck coming that day until it freezes...the lake before Charlies hill isn't that overly big so you have to hit it hard..

heres a couple of pics from a previous year ..

ice1.jpg

ice2.jpg

ice3.jpg

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hold a class one. haven't used it in years. Keepin' it up because you never know when you might need it. I've been in some situations but I think that it is safe to say, "Once a trucker always a trucker". My wife always asks why I fall short of the stop line when I see a truck making a turn. I always respond. I used to drive one I know how much room he needs. They always give me a nod of approval. I think that if everyone had to drive a rig before they could drive a car or pickup, our roads would be a lot safer. Too many idiots out there that don't have respect for the big rigs.
H2snow hats off to you, good luck in your new endeavors.

that works both ways. iv seen and met just as many rig operators who dont respect the smaller vehicular traffic , with the thinking of because they are larger they have the right of, or rules of the road at times do not apply to them. Particularily stop signs. i know its a pain to get a fully loaded rig moveing from a dead stop, but sure dosnt say in the driver training manual that rigs can blow right through them. :d

respect works both ways :)

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great show.. I got my class1 in 71..started out hauling logs with a 427 Chevy tandem on Propane,,it got about 4 mpg ..we hauled 140,000 Lbs on the bush roads off Whitecourt.My freind that had the truck still hauls logs today.I went back to class3 for my own use .and own my own Towing business,1 tons max.would go up there in a heart beat if could.

Top Bottom