Ice racing and snow drags in Slave Lake

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Driving 2 1/2 hrs paying to have some fun. Then went through all the tech area, got the 2 stickers saying good to go and then winning the first couple races then getting DQ'd. It was said because I had the suspension straped down. So if that is not allow witch I was told different, then don't let me race and then dq me and get through tech, let me know right there and then I can decide to still race or not. HMMMMMM

That sucks. I'm surprised that they would let you pass tech inspection with the suspension strapped down as they were checking suspension. I asked about lowering suspension and they said I could only use limiters and no other cables, straps or chains could be added. My buddy failed tech because his race fuel gave a weird reading so he didn't race. My av gas gave a different reading than my son's and it was from the same drum. The rules did say about the suspension. Quote from their home page:

TETHER CORDS ARE MANDATORY ON ALL SLEDS IN ALL CLASSES! The SSRA is equipped with fuel testing equipment and tests fuel at all races. Click here for some notes on allowable fuels. Click HERE for the sanctioned classes and their rules for the 2010 Racing Season. Click HERE for an explanation of the race elimination format. Click HERE for 4 stroke and snow cross sled classifications. Suspension limiter straps in all classes must be of OEM type material. No cables or chains

Last edited:

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes that is right he did look at my suspension and said it should be oem but it looks good and stickered me. I wouldn't of had a problem if the tech guy said yes no good you need to cut it out. But don't let me race and then dq me, and it was the techs right hand man that dq me, so maybe they just wanted my money...HMMMM All I go there for is fun, we go to these with the family and even enter our son in the 120 class all the time. So I don't want to put a sour taste in mind about some of the crap that goes on. Another thing is we pay for insurance to race so shouldn't there be an ambulance..

ajay

Reaction score
What no ambulance!!:nono: When I raced(years ago though) you were allowed lowering the suspension as long as you used oem limiter straps and nothing made up,,not hard to do. Musta changed rules. And an ambulance is a must have.
Aj

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know they charged me for it, and made a point to locate one and it was a no find for ambulance. Correct me if I am wrong about no ambulance, so what did they do with extra money. HMMMMM

Top Bottom