I rode the 2015 XM with the 174 x 3

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Many of you may know that I switched to Polaris 2 years ago. Before that I was on Doo for 16+ years.
I do not wear team colour underwear but simply ride what works best for me.

This all said, I got to ride the 2015 XM in Island Park with Bret Rasmussen and must say it was a pleasant surprize.

Believe it or not the track was not the highlight of this machine. The handling felt very natural and not unlike a heavy Polaris with much traction.

This machine pulled over much easier than a 2014 XM and side hilled straight without the usually bucking and diving that I found the XM to do.

Bret had his trademark adjustments made to this sled to set it up for his style so I am not sure how much of the great set up is thanks to him or BRP.

Anyway bottom line is I have much more respect for this machine now I rode it.

I still won't be buying one due to the body width and weight but I am glad that Doo is pushing the competition.

ps I was asked not to post pic's. I guess there must still be something secret going on with this setup??

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Many of you may know that I switched to Polaris 2 years ago. Before that I was on Doo for 16+ years.
I do not wear team colour underwear but simply ride what works best for me.

This all said, I got to ride the 2015 XM in Island Park with Bret Rasmussen and must say it was a pleasant surprize.

Believe it or not the track was not the highlight of this machine. The handling felt very natural and not unlike a heavy Polaris with much traction.

This machine pulled over much easier than a 2014 XM and side hilled straight without the usually bucking and diving that I found the XM to do.

Bret had his trademark adjustments made to this sled to set it up for his style so I am not sure how much of the great set up is thanks to him or BRP.

Anyway bottom line is I have much more respect for this machine now I rode it.

I still won't be buying one due to the body width and weight but I am glad that Doo is pushing the competition.

ps I was asked not to post pic's. I guess there must still be something secret going on with this setup??

photo's need to be resized before able to be uploaded. we are currently looking for a better photo uploader but are having some difficulties.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What weekend Rick? We are out there riding them on the 9th at Carls. Our DM just took a 174 and 163 from Jackson Hole out there today. Looking forward to riding them.

Reactions: GRD

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to have had the opportunity to ride the 174 T3 in Revy. The snow in the trees was still deep and fresh and the that is where I headed. I found the sled to be very responsive in the tight twisty trees, the sled would hold any sidehill like a tractor on roids and the good thing is the length was never an issue. You could tell at times that you had a track behind you but I didn't mind that when it was deep and tight in the trees. I presently ride a 2013 XM 154 and was contemplating a T3 163, however after riding and discussing with a friend connected into the Kuster camp (he rode both 174 and 163 extensively in various snow conditions) I put $$ down on a 174. I was told from his experience that the 174 handles like the 2014 163 but destroys the 163 X and T3 163 in all categories and terrain.

Last edited:

TJ427

Reaction score
They felt there was a large difference between the 174 vs 163 T3? How about any compromises with ability to maneuver in the trees? Thanks!

Top Bottom