I need your help Horsepower Honeys

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if you can help me set up my daughters 600 suspension. I've got it jacked up pretty good for my riding weight and should probably soften it up a little for her. The front is easy, just spin the shocks down a bit... the back of the track is easy, just turn the adjuster as well. The one I'm not too sure about is the strap length on the front of the track. It's at the bottom setting (of three) right now. Does that mean the skies with have less pressure on them?

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The more you let out or lengthen the strap the less the ski pressure and the more you tighten it or shorten it up the more the ski pressure. The key is to find a happy medium of ski pressure, nice attack angle and the sled not wheelying.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes- let the limiter strap out to reduce ski pressure!! I am pretty small framed and I ride with mine all the way out. It makes a big difference for me. I also found that adjusting your preload in the front rear shock makes a big difference. We did this on the hill in a trial and error fashion until it was just right for jumps and whoops...

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you both for your input. She is complaining how hard it is to steer at slow speeds (it has double carbides). So with the strap all the way down I can't lift anymore weight off the skies. I'm thinking it is what it is.

So the front track shock is adjustable too??? I'll have to check that out. So what are the effects of a soft and stiff front shock?

As far as the front and rear shocks, adjust for smooth ride?? Soften it up till she bottoms it out and bring it up a little?

Is there an adjustment that will make it easier to side hill? Will softening up the front ski shocks make it easier to tip... I would think it would...

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should give you a disclaimer: I ride a 2012 ProClimb and what works on mine may not work for your daughter...

In regards to the front track shock, I find that if it is too hard it kicks me in the azz and makes me feel like I am landing hard on jumps or bumps. I like mine dialled up to about middle of the threads...

Softening your front shocks will help it to move onto one ski much easier- to a point: too soft and it will want to fall on its side. I set mine so that when I stand with the balls of both feet on one board (and my heels hanging off the board), jump downward slightly, and pull at the same time on the bars, it causes the shock to dip and the opposite ski comes off the garage floor... If I can do it on the hard garage floor, then I know I can do it on hard pack snow, especially with a little well-timed throttle ;)

Some of what your daughter is feeling may simply be a result of the changing snow conditions as Spring rolls in. I know that myself and many other girls curse the arrival of spring because it makes the sled seem so much harder to get off the snow. It's a girl thing- we can't cheat gravity without the fluffy snow and don't have the muscle power to just wrestle it over and hold it, especially when the skis hit bumps and jar it out of our hands.

Top Bottom