I need input on Turbo's

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am stuck between choices for my new sled. I am going with a turbo no matter what but weather or not its a yamaha or a cat I am not sure.

My style of riding is climbing in the trees and in the chutes but I also enjoy the jumps a bit! my worry is if I go yamaha I wont enjoy it fir the trees and jumping and if I go with the cat I wont enjoy the chutes!

Any help would be greatly apreciated!!

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am stuck between choices for my new sled. I am going with a turbo no matter what but weather or not its a yamaha or a cat I am not sure.

My style of riding is climbing in the trees and in the chutes but I also enjoy the jumps a bit! my worry is if I go yamaha I wont enjoy it fir the trees and jumping and if I go with the cat I wont enjoy the chutes!

buy one of each.

TKOOIL

Reaction score
i run a turbo nytro,reliable climbs like crazy,not as nimble as the cats though.
really no help but if you are a smaller guy I'd probably go with the cat(I can't believe how much i cringed when I typed that).:eek:

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just run a Nytro turbo without a headshim and it will do just fine in the trees. They have a ton of bottom end and are very nimble with stock compression. The reason alot of people dont like the turbo Nytro in the trees is because the Headshim takes a little snap out of the motor due to the compression ratio going form 11.3 : 1 to 9 : 1. 180 to 200 hp on pump gas.

GPsnownut

Reaction score

Go with the M8, twisted turbo(pump gas) or RTR boondocker.
The turbo yami's are great sleds, but for the tree's, I think there a little harder to toss around.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I run a Nytro Turbo MCX. I ride it in the trees and have a gas. You need to have the proper setup. Can't just throw a Turbo on and go.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ya, the cats are tempermental and always require fidgeting/tuning, whereas the nytro is more of a pull and go..... That is also a big consideration. The nytro will live probably 3 or 4 times longer than the m8 turbo will as well........ I know of a turbo nytro with 30000 kms on it already and still no engine work done...............

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys seems like the majority is saying yamaha!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys seems like the majority is saying yamaha!

I am selling a turbo nitro with a ton of goodies on it. Mc stage 2 turbo. tons of look good parts and powdercoating/ anodizing u might wanna look at this one there not cheap to build. Only 700 kms this sled is mint

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am selling a turbo nitro with a ton of goodies on it. Mc stage 2 turbo. tons of look good parts and powdercoating/ anodizing u might wanna look at this one there not cheap to build. Only 700 kms this sled is mint

dont you ever work,you going to go back with the cat andy.and make sure you take pitures this week in sicamous:d

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have m8 with boondocker turbo the machine rocks,my brother has been riding doo for many years he road my m8 and was in his words BLOWN AWAY by how the cat handled.so at the sled show he purchased 2010 m8 HCR which he will turbo next year.:d

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much are you asking for the nytro? Is there any pics I can look at?

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plus I have always run cats and its real hard to go to the yamies HAHA!

devil

Reaction score
i had lots of fun doing tree riding with my nytro, would still have it but i have torn my rotators too many times and think i want to try something lighter, but i think i'm going to find that i was just as well off with the turbo Nytro.

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with few guys with turbos and find that in the trees, no matter what the setup, they just don't have the bottom end needed to let you throw them around, get the track rotating and she's a different story. I would strongly suggest looking at a supercharger, no excess heat, instantaneous boost, way more fun in the trees, only drawback is wide open throttle goes to the turbo.

INSTGUY

Reaction score
I run a 08 nytro turbo, not for boondocking or jumping, it is heavy but goes straight up when I want it to...anywhere...but...my best bud has an m8 turbo that is agile, lite can jump and play easily..and...goes up whenever he wants it to....I highly recommend the m8 cutler stg 1 kit...about $4500...the kit comes with everything...I wish iI would have gone with an m8!!

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I ended up getting an 09 M1000 sno pro and am going to ride it stock for the rest of the year then turbo in the summer. pretty set on the twisted turbo pump/race gas kit! Sounds like Bruno from Boondoker motorsports is going to hook me up with a test ride in a few weeks!! cant wait!! Thanks for all the input guys!

Top Bottom