I need help with my cell phone

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a sliding cell phone which has a ribbon wire connecting the two halves. The ribbon allows the buttons to work on the face( the part you see) anyway the ribbon keeps coming loose so that some of the button will not work. When I`ve pulled it apart and push the ribbon wire back in place alittle the phone works good. After a few times of sliding the phone to get at the Alpha keys the ribbon works itself alittle lose again and some of the buttons stop working again. I thought of putting something behind where it plugs in to keep pressure on the ribbon but it would move as the phone slide open. Anyone know how I could keep this ribbon in place, I was thinking crazy glue but it drys so fast that if I don`t get it right I may just have a new paper weight.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Ask Toddb01...he's the cell phone guru.......

I have a sliding cell phone which has a ribbon wire connecting the two halves. The ribbon allows the buttons to work on the face( the part you see) anyway the ribbon keeps coming loose so that some of the button will not work. When I`ve pulled it apart and push the ribbon wire back in place alittle the phone works good. After a few times of sliding the phone to get at the Alpha keys the ribbon works itself alittle lose again and some of the buttons stop working again. I thought of putting something behind where it plugs in to keep pressure on the ribbon but it would move as the phone slide open. Anyone know how I could keep this ribbon in place, I was thinking crazy glue but it drys so fast that if I don`t get it right I may just have a new paper weight.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Let me know if thing dont work out and your with telus I just happen to have a brand new referbished krazer for telus,still in the box I will give it to you for 175.00,comes with 90 days warrenty!I have one my self,great phone!
catmando

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me know if thing dont work out and your with telus I just happen to have a brand new referbished krazer for telus,still in the box I will give it to you for 175.00,comes with 90 days warrenty!I have one my self,great phone!
catmando
Telus is a swear work in my book, I`m with Bell now, thanks but I like a full key board for texting.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Take the phone back to where you got it, ask to see the manager and repeatedly throw the piece of junk at them until they give you a phone that is actually built to be used. Friggin sick of the crap they keep putting out that seems to be built to take up space in the landfill.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take the phone back to where you got it, ask to see the manager and repeatedly throw the piece of junk at them until they give you a phone that is actually built to be used. Friggin sick of the crap they keep putting out that seems to be built to take up space in the landfill.
The phone is two years old so they won`t do anything for me. The nearest repair shop for a HTC phone is in the states. I agree with you that the phones are crap. The phone was suppose to be $500 new but I got $300 off for a three year contract. Imagine if I paid $500 and the thing only lasted two years. That would be about $20 per month. I`ve been looking at some other phones and I`m not sure what to get. I did find a place on 127st and 132ave that will look at it for $20. What are others using? I want a full keyboard phone but other than that I`m not picky.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Time for a new phone!! These things are pretty much disposable unfortunately. :(

Top Bottom