I hope my friends are better prepared than these people

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watched this last week on Facebook. I was totally dumbfounded. There were so many mistakes made that I lost count....from the beginning when the guy asks for the girls beacon, and then told her to take her time....from the actual rescue itself, digging with only a scoop and no handle, without gloves....WOW.....it's a good thing that the guy was actually only partially buried or he would have been a fatality. That chick and the other guy offered no assistance whatsoever, it was very painful to watch. These types of clueless people have no business in the backcountry! The only valuable thing to come of this is the video can now be used as an example of "how not to carry out an avalanche rescue".

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW. remind me to not go into the Back country with these clowns. Dumb ass in the Black just standing there while the other two are fumbling to get a beacon. The victim is lucky to be alive,

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow! I like the statement " just take your time" I would be saying hurry the fak up. On second thought I would already have MY beacon on telling those two clowns get there's turned to search. On third thought I wouldn't of been there with those idiots!

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A good video for one of the avalanche training companies to show as an example of what not to do!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just so , so painful to watch.

Friggin retards.

When we were out between 28-30 of Dec riding in golden one night we went out and watched the u.f.c fights at a bar.

There was this Azzhat guy blabbing to some of the local peeps that he was from sask , they went to gorman , no beacons , got stuck on a waterfall but he could touch trees with his feet standing stuck ..

Is it all from sask are dumb as a stump ??

He sounded proud to be riding without a beacon by the way his story was told.

Made me sick. If I see him get caught in a act , got search and get nothing.

How low is a guy going to feel ??

from my HTC

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought you were supposed to get as many to help as possible with 1 person to look out for possible second avvy. Not have 1 guy with no gloves and half a shovel while everyone else watches. Amazing how calm the victim was. Didn't even seem to be breathing hard.

Sent from my f$&@ing iPhone using Tapatalk

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should have made the title "I KNOW MY FRIENDS ARE BETTER PREPARED THAN THIS"

One thing I got from this for myself is to do a quick test to see how easy it will be for me to get to my beacon. I don't see it being a problem but will test just to make sure.
I found it hard to watch the whole video as my frustration level just kept rising. I'm going to download this and send it to Zacstracs.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey people .. they did everything right right until step 2...

step 1: remain calm
step 2: .. uhh .. uhh ... ... uhhh .... let's repeat step 1

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She saw it in Throttle Decisions already...
I should have made the title "I KNOW MY FRIENDS ARE BETTER PREPARED THAN THIS"

One thing I got from this for myself is to do a quick test to see how easy it will be for me to get to my beacon. I don't see it being a problem but will test just to make sure.
I found it hard to watch the whole video as my frustration level just kept rising. I'm going to download this and send it to Zacstracs.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Note to self.....yelling obscenities at a YouTube video of stupid people while I'm supposed to be working is not a good idea! :nono:

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Can't believe buddy was digging himself out at one point with one guy standing there and the guy with no gloves doing jumping jacks or what ever he was doing.

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't even know what to say ..... even the common sense part they missed. going to be shoveling in snow, might need gloves, shovels work best with handles.

I would trust ether one of my kids 5 and 6, to do a swifter rescue that that whole group.....

I did learn something though. That some people will only learn the hard way.... luck for them the price was mostly just shame.

Know who you are out with and know that they can rescue you and have all the tools to do it.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is a good video for us to learn from. There were so many mistakes made that it almost seems to be an act.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This video seemed almost too unreal.

I searched snopes to see if it was fake.. LOL

I posted this on facebook, and a friend shared it...

She said, [h=5]"This is a great video. Watch and learn, this guy never loses his cool.":([/h]
She probably has never been to the mountains, even driving through... I'm just waiting a while to see what others say, then I'll set her straight.. LOL

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This video seemed almost too unreal.

I searched snopes to see if it was fake.. LOL

I posted this on facebook, and a friend shared it...

She said, "This is a great video. Watch and learn, this guy never loses his cool.":(

She probably has never been to the mountains, even driving through... I'm just waiting a while to see what others say, then I'll set her straight.. LOL

It's funny you say that....I actually searched snopes too! Watching this vid almost seems like it was a set-up somehow. I kept thinking to myself while watching this was..... are people in this world actually that stupid? And selfish? I am still shaking my head over this one. This vid just lacks all common sense. WOW.....

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya that was unreal... they couldnt ski for chit so I think it is real... they were real un educated looks like they hiked up from the ski hill lol

very sad,, buddy was not even worried a bit that was evident when his buddy starting digging himself out... like really?

Last edited:
Top Bottom