i have a 04 yamaha rx1 bogg problem.. help

tntsmallmotor

Reaction score
I have a2004rx1.. carbs cleaned x5 lol, idles fine but from mid to full throttle sounds like its surging and hesitant on opening up. what am I missing. jets are clean. I bypassed safety.. help please....

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once you cleaned the Carbs did you get them sync'd.
Makes a big differnce in the tune on those 4 strokes

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
getting all the rubber boots on with a propper seal from air box to throtle bodies is not easy and the 2 middle are the concern. they look like they are on but no. the under side resists. caused all sorts of issues under load for buddy til we reseated it all in the backcountry and it fixed exactly this issue ...
I know it sounds stupid but if the airbox doesn't seal up tight to the throtle bodies she will be a pig ...

cracked boot ???

knocksum

Reaction score
Shadam is on the right track. Throttle bodies arent seated. That massive carb rack is hard to line up. I have a carb sync tool collecting dust if you need.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure the carb venting hose is not hanging right in behind the primary clutch. This wreaks havoc with the float bowl pressure when the rpm gets higher because of the pressure or lack of pressure (not sure which) generated by the clutch spinning.

Top Bottom