I am noticing a trend!!!!

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well another young person in a atv fatality. what is it going to take to get people to realize the consequences of not wearing the proper equipment and how are we going to education people, that youngsters should not be running these machines without direct supervision and proper safety apparel. I for once in my life am at a loss for words.... I'm sure the rest of you have suggestions, comments. etc. Lets help educate and play safe people...

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure makes you wonder. Are the parents and young riders so excited that they completely forget and or over look the safety aspect? My 4yr old is a quad rider and he gets more excited about putting on his chest protector, helmet, gloves, and boots, than riding. I just don't understand? I was once told "common sense, isn't so common", how true it is.

Attachments

• P1000805.jpg
    P1000805.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 27

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't Darwin have a theory on this? And awards? :cool:

Not only Darwin, I think maybe Mother nature is at play here as well helping weed out the weak and stupid.

And yeah, alot of people talk about common sense, yet very few know what it is or use it!!

I know longer feel sorry for the stupid, regardless of age, sex, etc. It's unfortunate, but if stupid, irresponsible people can't be taught, then they need to suffer. Only then maybe will they learn. As they say, people only learn from their mistakes.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't feel sorry it is a natural selection process in progress, eliminate the weak and stupid. It's to bad the parents are still alive may as well terminate them for letting the kids out without proper gear. It's sad really, we will all have to pay the price for some marroons stuppidity

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
" two things are everlasting. The Universe and stupidity. and im unsure abou the universe"

Albert Einstein

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was once told "common sense, isn't so common", how true it is.

Yes in order to use common sense one must begin with sense..

Frustration for sure, I can't figure out why some people just don't get it. It's not like there is no publicity regarding "all of the injuries" lately. And even with legaslation , who can enforce it? after the fact? I too am at a loss....what do we have to do to get people to ride safe and save lives...?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely don't like to see people get hurt, but come on people wake up.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not only Darwin, I think maybe Mother nature is at play here as well helping weed out the weak and stupid.

And yeah, alot of people talk about common sense, yet very few know what it is or use it!!

I know longer feel sorry for the stupid, regardless of age, sex, etc. It's unfortunate, but if stupid, irresponsible people can't be taught, then they need to suffer. Only then maybe will they learn. As they say, people only learn from their mistakes.
Seems like the kids are paying a pretty high price for their parents stupidity.....As it is, as it always shall be......

Grizzaris

Reaction score
It's all learned behavior. If the parents put their helmets on each and every time they go riding the children learn that it's the norm to wear a helemt. I've never had to stop my kids and tell them to put on their helmet because it's automatic - grab the key to the quad, grab your helmet and put it on.

girlluvshockey

Reaction score
Education about these things is so important and having a good role model. I am a teacher and the last school I worked at had a presentation come in every year in regards to outdoor safety. Mostly quads, farm equipment, etc....Really good stuff too....I wish more schools would get on board.

ROBO

Reaction score
First off I think these events are very tragic.But let's also get some more details. Were these kids riding little 90's or were they on Dad's 660? Before anyone/anything gets condemed there needs to be more information shared. In the newspaper all that is said is the age of the child dead while riding an ATV and some other minor details. I've been out west and could not believe what some parents are letting their kids ride around on out of site and without checking up on them. Other parents I've seen don't let the kids go more than a couple of hundred yards. Rules will not change everything but as stated previously hopefully education will. I realize volunteers are stretched thin but maybe some sort of educational campaign will help.

Top Bottom